- KadeJMAnswered on September 08, 2014 at 11:01 AM
Your GPS Coordinates aren't showing up for the other account after it was transferred, correct?
Was it showing up as an Image for you prior to the transfer?
I checked in and tested that but it looks like our widget only shows a link versus displaying a map.
- RoopalalithaAnswered on September 08, 2014 at 12:18 PM
Earlier irrespective of whether it displayed or not, it recorded the GPS coordinates in the submissions with the correct latitude and longitude values. Now this is not happening. Could you please help to resolve this ?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on September 08, 2014 at 01:16 PM
I am not sure if it was earlier showing the Google Map in the submissions. I did test the "GPS Location" widget in one of my own form and it just displays the google map URL. The URL does display the co-ordinates correctly in the URL and clicking on the URL does display the google map correctly.
Let me send a query to our back end team on this. We will get back to you as soon as we have any update from them.
- RoopalalithaAnswered on September 09, 2014 at 11:18 AM
Please help, the client is not able to get the data even on the GPS Widget hosted from their location. Response image is attached.
Please note that i am also able to get the GPS location. It is only that the people in South Africa who are using this are unable to get the GPS coordinates which is really vital for their survey
- CarinaAnswered on September 09, 2014 at 12:45 PM
Thank you for providing us this update. I added it to our ticket so our developers can take this into consideration. The ticket has already a developer assigned. He will contact you as soon as he has an update on this situation.
If you need further support please let us know.
- RoopalalithaAnswered on September 10, 2014 at 03:12 AM
Thanks for the update. The client has put on hold their survey awaiting a resolution to this issue. Is there a time frame we could advise them to resume it or plan it better ?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on September 10, 2014 at 04:32 AM
Thank you for your understanding.
My colleague have already updated the ticket and our back end team is already looking into this issue. We will get back to you as soon as we have any update form them.
- RoopalalithaAnswered on September 10, 2014 at 05:55 AM
We are under pressure from client to deliver as they will not get paid from their customers if their survey is not conducted on time. They would like to know what tentative timeframe it would take to resolve the issue? How would you advise us to respond to them and bring in them to confidence ?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on September 10, 2014 at 07:06 AM
Unfortunately we will not be able to provide any ETA on this but I can assure you that this issue should be fixed soon. Upon checking the bug ticket status, I found that it is marked as important and already assigned to one of our developer. I believe this issue will be fixed soon.
- RoopalalithaAnswered on September 17, 2014 at 12:46 AM
Is there any progress or update on this issue. .. It has been quite a while - Client is pressed with time to resume. Please advise
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on September 17, 2014 at 02:22 AM
Unfortunately, we have not received any update form our back end team yet. We will get back to you as soon as we have any update form them.
- RoopalalithaAnswered on September 17, 2014 at 05:01 AMBut when we requested the client to check the original GPS demo located
here - http://form.jotformpro.com/form/41401356291952, they said they were
able to get the results, but not in our form. Earlier this was also not
fetching results. So wondering if it has been updated.
- jedcadornaAnswered on September 17, 2014 at 06:58 AM
It seems working fine but not sure if it should show the map or just the coordinates. I'm only getting a link from google map.
When you are testing the form make sure to 'allow' sharing your location to capture your IP's location.
Here's what shows in my submission page.
Once there's an update about this you will be notified here.
- RoopalalithaAnswered on September 17, 2014 at 08:01 AMNo the issue is pertaining to a specific geography. It does not work in
- jedcadornaAnswered on September 17, 2014 at 09:04 AM
Ok thanks for confirming. That was already updated by my colleague and we are just waiting a reply from our 2nd level.
Sorry for the delay, you will be notified here once there's an available update about this issue.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on September 19, 2014 at 04:14 AM
We've updated the widget to include a minimap that will help users narrow down their location when automatic detection fails.
This will help users manually correct the location if it is wrong (or missing altogether)
Automatic detection works for the most part - but it can be unreliable because it relies heavily on:
1. The browser condition (version - whether updated or not etc)
2. The browsing device location accuracy (If a GPS device is missing/not accessible for some reason - the location is not as accurate)
3. Privacy policies based on regional constraints, browsing device permissions etc
We look forward to your response.
- RoopalalithaAnswered on September 22, 2014 at 01:51 AM
Thank you ... Updated the form ... Look forward to the client to confirm it is works for them. Will keep you posted as soon as we hear from them as well.
- RoopalalithaAnswered on September 22, 2014 at 03:35 AM
Hi, The client is still reporting that location detection is still not working in South Africa. :-(
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on September 22, 2014 at 04:52 AM
Sorry about that.
Let me update the concerned team on this and they will take a look.
- JotForm SupportwidgetsAnswered on September 22, 2014 at 05:32 AM
Just so you know the new feature added to show a minimap was actually an option of the widget. You have to remove the current widget and replace it with another. After that enable the option that will show the minimap on the widget. If the auto detection does not work they can simply type their location and just drag the marker for accuracy/.
Let me know if that helps.
- RoopalalithaAnswered on September 22, 2014 at 11:42 AM
Yes we have removed the existing widget and added the new one. Still it does not work for them and they have sent the following image
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on September 22, 2014 at 01:02 PM
Thank you for sharing the screenshot.
Do they get this screen all the time the access their JotForm? This seems to be CDN related issue. There will be a captcha fieldbelow the "refresh", "Speaker" and "Question" icon you see in the screenshot below:
If you input the captcha value, this will not appear again and your problem should be solved. Please be noted that you can increase the height of the widget so that captcha field is visible in your form. You can also click on the "Tab" button of your keyboard to go to captcha field. Please check the screenshot below on how to increase the widget height: