- mgcaledonian13Asked on September 15, 2014 at 03:29 AM
I want to let people see what they have selected from a Radio button List.
If they select name in a contact list I want to let the user see who they have selected in either an text box or a separate field before submitting the form.
To see the field I am referring to please select a Name.
- jedcadornaAnswered on September 15, 2014 at 07:43 AM
If you want some custom script just let us know so we can help you. I'll also try to create a sample, but I can't assure when. I will make some more test and update this thread and I had any success using the form builder to pass radio button selected value.
- jedcadornaAnswered on September 16, 2014 at 06:26 AM
Sorry for the late response. I have created a sample form that populates value of selected radio button. What I did was to create 11 separate fields for each 'Contact List 2014-15' selection and set a conditional logic that if Contact List is equal to then show this field.
Here's a sample:
Here's my form URL http://form.jotformpro.com/form/42582850772966 if you want to clone this form. Please see our guide on how to clone a form https://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL.
- mgcaledonian13Answered on September 16, 2014 at 07:31 AMThanks for that solution, I had considered that but thought there might have been an easier way, so looks like I will go down that long road.
Sent from my BlackBerry smartphone from Virgin Media
- jedcadornaAnswered on September 16, 2014 at 08:50 AM
At first I thought of using the form source but then I realized that this can be done by conditional rule so I then checked and it does work.
For me hiding and showing fields base on the selection would be easier compare to making a custom script which is a laborious process.