- kunalgupta0002Asked on September 15, 2014 at 01:30 PM
Can cookies be enabled for the form where affiliates will be sent to in order to track them and properly populate fields (The previous ticket is in regards to the answers for populating form).
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on September 15, 2014 at 02:46 PM
Unfortunately this is not currently possible. The closest we have is being able to provide the previous page visited before coming to your form. Pre populating field data based on a cookie ID is not possible, only populating data via a URL.
- kunalgupta0002Answered on September 16, 2014 at 08:35 AM
my question is a liittle different.
I need this feature to track the affiliate referral.
1. Someone referred a customer to my website- www.mywebsite.com/index.php?affiliateid=10
2. The customer will look around and visit some other pages and then if he is interested he'll fill the contact form.
3. Till then I want the value of hidden field affiliate Id to be prefilled (here it is 10)
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on September 16, 2014 at 10:00 AM
Please try using our Get Referrer widget: http://widgets.jotform.com/widget/get_referrer. Let us know if this works for you or not.
To add the widget: http://www.jotform.com/help/252-How-to-Add-a-Widget-to-your-Form
- ramseymediaworksAnswered on June 30, 2015 at 02:26 PM
For reference, it is possible to populate form fields with a cookie value.
You have to add a hidden field to the form using the hidden box widget. Then embed the form using the source code. Find the hidden field and set the value="<?php echo $_COOKIE['cookie_name'] ?>"
Save the page as php and voila!