- webdesignrusAsked on September 16, 2014 at 09:52 PM
Hi Support Team.
The form below displays well on Windows and Mac OS but on the Iphone/ Ipad OS I'm have having the following
1. Panel under "GORDON" shows "0" which might indicate to user that their is nothing to show in this box?
2. When you choose another option : My example shows when selecting LINDFIELD the previous selection GORDON is remains selected as well.
Is there an easy fix for this.? I'm open to having separate form for Ipad users.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on September 17, 2014 at 02:17 AM
I did check your JotForm in my iPhone device and I have understood the issue you are having.
It seems when you increase the "Size" property of drop down field, it allows you to select multiple options from the drop down field in the iPhone/iPad devices but works normally in desktop. In iPhone/iPad device, it does not display all the items and just shows the count of the items selected. If no items are selected, it shows "0 Items". I am not sure if this is the default behavior of iPhone.
I am reporting this to our back end team. We will get back to you as soon as we have any update from them. For now, I would suggest you to replace your drop down field with "Line Radio Buttons" widget which should allow the options to be visible and only one items can be selected.
Please take a look at the screenshot below on how the line radio button widget will be displayed in your iPhone/iPad device:
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on October 06, 2014 at 09:39 AM
This is not a bug but rather an iOS quirk. A dropdown with a size property becomes a multi-select drop-down. On a computer, you can multi-select by ctrl/cmd-clicking options.
With that said, there is nothing we can do to change how it looks on iOS. Perhaps the closest solution we can get is to use radio or checkbox buttons (if you want to allow multiple selection).