- Gamezrodolfo77Asked on September 17, 2014 at 12:01 AM
ive had this issue before but adjusted it as I was informed to do so and had been issue free for a while. Now whenever I want to reply it does to email@example.com. I know this is a recurring problem but all my settings are as advised. I appreciate anybody's help.Page URL:
- jedcadornaAnswered on September 17, 2014 at 02:33 AM
When you say 'Whenever I want to reply it does to firstname.lastname@example.org' are you referring to the 'Reply' option in your submissions page? Sending a reply to someone who submitted the form. Is that what you mean? Or you mean the noreply in 'Senders Email'?
Or if you are having issues receiving email please confirm it to us.
- BiarritzTaxiAnswered on September 17, 2014 at 03:37 AM
We are also having an issue with replies - as of late last night when we reply to form submissions our email is being sent to no email@example.com instead of the email address the client provided.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on September 17, 2014 at 03:42 AM
First off, we'd like to extend our apologies for this inconvenience. Currently, we are experiencing a problem with our default email sending method so we switched to a backup method.
This is a temporary problem and it will be soon resolved. In the meantime, to get the emails sent from your selected email field, you may configure your notifications to be sent through SMTP using your own SMTP email account.
We shall let you know if this problem is fixed ultimately.
Thank you very much for your patience.
- Gamezrodolfo77Answered on September 17, 2014 at 05:51 AMThank you for your response. The problem is when when I want to send a reply to someone who submitted a form, instead of going to the persons email it replys to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- jedcadornaAnswered on September 17, 2014 at 07:06 AM
We apologize for the inconvenience. Like what my colleague explained in his post that we have to switched to our secondary sending method because our default email sending has some issues.
You can temporarily setup an SMTP account then follow the guide provided by my colleague so you can forward emails temporarily using your own SMTP account.
We'll notify you here once this issue is fixed.
- bedandbiscuitAnswered on September 17, 2014 at 09:40 AM
Are you going to notify everybody with an email? Because when you do something like changing your email sending method, you should send out an email to everybody so we are aware of the problem. Please send an email if the problem is solved. Thank you. Laszlo Wallenstein
- Gamezrodolfo77Answered on September 17, 2014 at 09:51 AMI would also be interested in being notified. Can this be done?
- schmagAnswered on September 17, 2014 at 09:53 AM
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on September 17, 2014 at 10:41 AM
We hope to have this resolved today, everyone who has posted in this thread should get the updates via email each time there is a new post. We are very sorry for the inconvenience and thank you very much for your patience.
- Gamezrodolfo77Answered on September 17, 2014 at 10:51 AMThank you VERY much!
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on September 17, 2014 at 10:54 AM
You are welcome, again, we are very sorry about this and hope to have it resolved soon.
- slaborieAnswered on September 17, 2014 at 10:56 AM
hi I need to know aswell when this issue is fixed. thanks a lot
- schmagAnswered on September 17, 2014 at 11:40 AM
My problem persists....... ;(( , only function one time and back to the error
- Chief Technology OfficereeeAnswered on September 17, 2014 at 04:44 PM
Both reply to and from name problems are fixed,
Thank you for your patience,
- Gamezrodolfo77Answered on September 17, 2014 at 05:21 PMThank you very much! You guys have always been great with customer service
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on September 17, 2014 at 05:33 PM
You are very welcome! Let us know if you have any other questions and we will be happy to help.
- BiarritzTaxiAnswered on September 18, 2014 at 03:23 AM
Yep been working fine since last night. Great service as always. Thanks!