- cindyzachAsked on September 17, 2014 at 04:02 PM
I am trying to embed a form with a link to click to open on my godaddy website. I have done this in the past, but I am not remembering the correct way. I cannot get a link to embed. Please help!
This is a re-post of a comment on Which Form Embed Code Should I Use
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on September 17, 2014 at 04:56 PM
Are you using any sort of website builder in order to create your webpages or are you editing the source code? If you are editing your forms source, let us know the webpage you are editing and we will be happy to let you know where to insert the code. If you are using a website builder, let us know which one and we can let you know which embed code or what process to use in order to embed your form.
- cindyzachAnswered on September 22, 2014 at 03:33 PM
I am using Godaddy's website designer. I have the page I want to insert the link. When I put it in a content box, it does not show up as a link. Does that make sense?
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on September 22, 2014 at 04:35 PM
If this is supposed to be a simple link to your form, please take a look at the following video:
You can get the form link from an Embed Form Wizard:
Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on September 22, 2014 at 04:36 PM
It seems that the video link was stripped. Trying with this one:
- cindyzachAnswered on September 23, 2014 at 01:39 PM
There is no sound. I am going to try to understand what it is saying
- cindyzachAnswered on September 23, 2014 at 01:40 PM
And I know where the embed code is. I can put it on the page. But it does not show up on the page as a link that can be clicked by the person that needs to fill out the form. It is also still in code, not in a word description. I have done it before, I just cannot figure out how to do it again. I apologize for being a pain.
- KadeJMAnswered on September 23, 2014 at 03:31 PM
It's alright, we'll do what we can to help you get this problem sorted out.
Is your website live and by chance would you be able to share a link to it so we could inspect it? Unless of course you're still working on this.
I can confirm the video above has no sound and I think it's just meant as a quick visual aid.
Were you trying to hide the link to prevent the form url from being seen then perhaps?
- cindyzachAnswered on September 23, 2014 at 03:45 PM
Our website is live. It is www.abilitiesrichmond.org I am trying to place the link on the DSP page. That page is password protected so only our DSP's can access it. I have a link on that page for my generic form that can be used for anyone. I managed to get it on the page as a clickable link that states what it is. When I built my new form, and I intend to build 8 more forms, each person specific now, I tried to embed the new form so that is showed up as a clickable link that stated who it was for. All I get is code that will not let you click it. For the life of me I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Does that make any sense?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on September 23, 2014 at 04:54 PM
If you are simply trying to create a hyperlink to your form the code would be something like this:
But you would change the form ID to the form of your form. If this is still not what you were looking for, let us know and we will see what else we can do.
- cindyzachAnswered on September 24, 2014 at 12:53 PM
I have gotten myself so confused. I did this before. The Abilities Richmond Daily Note link on the page, I put there. So I am not understanding why I can't do it now. I needed to change the one generic form to person specific forms. Can you help me understand why I can't make this link to the form now? Again, the website is www.abilitiesrichmond.org and the page in question is the DSP page. The user name is dspabilities and the password is 220Sfifth
If you could look at the link I made before and tell me what I was doing wrong I would sure appreciate it. I feel like a complete idiot.
- KadeJMAnswered on September 24, 2014 at 02:27 PM
First Off...You are definitely not an idiot, Nobody is, and I just wanted to correct that about you. We all need a little help when we can get it as these sort of things just tend to usually be when the answer is right in front of us. :0)
Anyhow, I took a look at your website and I found you have it referenced correctly to pop-up. I can see and click on your link and a form that is referenced within it appears.
All you need to do is edit the jotform link that is used there.
toolbar=no,width=700,height=500'))">ABILITIES RICHMOND DAILY NOTE</a>
Are you not able to find that code that you have embedded?
Or perhaps the link isn't working on your end when you click it which makes you think that it might not be working correctly maybe?
Additionally, I'm not too familiar with godaddy but if you are using their website builder then perhaps the links below can help you locate and correct it.
Let us know if you need more help and we will continue to try to help you.
- cindyzachAnswered on September 25, 2014 at 02:37 PM
I got it on there finally! Thanks..it just has a line after the link about HTML something. I don't care..it works! Thanks so much!
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on September 25, 2014 at 03:48 PM
We are happy to hear it :) On behalf of my colleagues, you are much welcome. Please feel free to contact us anytime if you need any further assistance!
- stephanie EllisAnswered on May 05, 2015 at 04:35 PMIf there is anyone out there who gets this message or can help me I would be forever grateful. I have been working with godaddy's website builder and have run into a snag. No one at go daddy can answer My problem. I have created a website soccerpals.com and have tried to put an order form on the order page. I have followed their instructions... done the button and followed the directions but no form comes up on my site. Clicking on the button either gives me an error message or a "no title"message. I have done the "order form " in css4 and also as a PDF but can't get it on to the page. For awhile it was downloading the wrong information but now I can't get anything to work. I even tried to replace an image with the form but couldn't get to the manage file to download it. I do not understand HTML code but am a novice trying to get a site up with great difficulty .
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on May 05, 2015 at 05:43 PM
@stephanie, I have moved your request to a thread of its own so that we may address it properly. I will follow up in this thread in just a moment:
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on December 08, 2016 at 12:36 PM
@Kathleen It looks like your request did not fully come through to our forum, though it did come through to my email. If you wouldn't mind creating a new post for your question, letting us know the form you are working on, as well as the page you are trying to add the form to, we will be happy to have a look.