- SKULLEGGAsked on September 18, 2014 at 07:42 AM
In language, you can change all fields except TEXT AREA (the field is there but translated text cannot be saved)
- seanmccthyAnswered on September 18, 2014 at 10:25 AM
Sorry for the unfortunate circumstances but I will assist you with getting this issue resolved. First of all, is it possible for you to provide the link to your form for my review? I would like to check on your translation settings for the text area field.
Please note that If there is an exception error shown on the field (like in the picture below), that means that the translated text for the field is not set. You can go through this thread and it should walk you through the steps to set up the translated text for all fields.
If you are still experiencing issues after you have completed this thread, I will be here to assist with any problem that you are having.
- BenAnswered on September 18, 2014 at 10:28 AM
Can you please tell me if this thread is about the same form as your other thread? If so I would need to remove this one and we would be providing you with the answer on the previous ticket.
If this issue is not related to the previous thread do let us know more about it.
What text area is the problem (if not all) and what form. On previous ticket you have mentioned a form named 'Gunner' so I guess this is related to the form named 'Canonnier'?
- SKULLEGGAnswered on September 18, 2014 at 12:47 PM
I refer to this form
Just go to language > Francais > Edit > click 2nd line (relax)
Copy/paste any text in the TEXT AREA and you will see that it won't be saved
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on September 18, 2014 at 02:15 PM
Could you try removing the text field and adding it again to the JotForm? Then please goto Languages to put the translated text. I was able to get it to work on your cloned form.
Please get back to us if the issue still persists. We'll be happy to look into this issue further.
- SKULLEGGAnswered on September 18, 2014 at 03:14 PM
Thank you Kiran, it seems to work now. Nice image slideshow btw.
Anyway, i think i will use 2 separate forms, 1 in English, 1 in French.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on September 18, 2014 at 03:32 PM
Anytime!! Thank you for your comments.
You can always get in touch with us anytime if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.
- SKULLEGGAnswered on September 28, 2014 at 10:17 AM
facing again same issue, i cannot update the language of 2 text areas (top and bottom)
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on September 28, 2014 at 01:51 PM
Are you talking about the same jotform? http://www.jotformeu.com/form/42596190532356
I did my test here http://form.jotform.co/form/42705114199858 , and it was saved without a problem. I checked your last form edit, but I do not see you have tried to set a second language, please let us know which form is the one that is not saving the translation.
- SKULLEGGAnswered on September 29, 2014 at 04:24 AM
Fair Winds to the Crew! (edit French language)
Bon Vent à l'Equipage!
and you will see that top title (french) will be converted to english
- BenAnswered on September 29, 2014 at 08:40 AM
I took a look at this jotform: http://www.jotformeu.com/form/42596190532356
After trying to change the translation I was successful, you can see here:
Now I have seen some similar issues before, but not related to JotForm builder, which I think that might be issue here as well. I presume that you switch your keyboard layout to French when writing the translations. If so can you please try switching back to US keyboard layout and replace ' (apostrophe) entered by the non US language?
Also while that is just a theory of mine, in order to have the jotform accept your translations I would suggest to
1. Clear form cache.
2. followed by duplicating the widgets that are not accepting translations and removing them from your jotform.
3. followed by adding new translations
Do let us know if this works for you. Usually it will load newest version of the widget that might have some issue removed from it and fix the issue that you do have.
Do let us know of the outcome.
- SKULLEGGAnswered on September 29, 2014 at 10:53 AM
Nope, neither EN/US keyboard , EN/FR keyboard (my default setting) or duplicating the text area solved above issue re saving 2 text areas in 2 languages. neither did cache clearing, nor disabling browser detect.
- gosselin07Answered on September 29, 2014 at 11:34 AMNeed to be able to translate my form from French to English. I cannot translate and save more than 2 texts areas. If i translate one text area, the next will revert to french....
- CarinaAnswered on September 29, 2014 at 11:39 AM
I created a clone of your form and tried editing the translation.
The form kept reverting to the untranslated version one of the text fields:
I forwarded this situation to our developers so they can investigate it further.
They will contact you via this thread once they have an update on this matter.
Let us know if we can assist you further.
- CarinaAnswered on September 29, 2014 at 11:41 AM
I moved your message to a new thread so it can be properly addressed.
Let us know if we can assist you further.
- SKULLEGGAnswered on September 29, 2014 at 01:06 PM
Thanks for trying out Carina, there's indeed a glitch. Anyway, it should be easy to fix on your side :)
- BenAnswered on September 29, 2014 at 02:21 PM
Our developers are notified as Carina has mentioned so they will take a look at what is going on.
I was able to translate the text widget (http://form.jotformpro.com/form/42713508127956) so this might be a bit tricky to find the issue, but our developers will get back to you with an update as soon as they have one.
If you want, do tell me all of the the texts that should be entered in each field and I will try to set them in your jotform directly as well as on my clone to see if this is something related to a jotform or maybe browser specific.
If you reply with the text please put it in this format "English version" = "French version", so that there is no confusion of the fields.
- gosselin07Answered on September 29, 2014 at 02:41 PM
- BenAnswered on September 29, 2014 at 03:46 PM
I would like to ask you to post any questions that you might have in your own thread here www.jotform.com/answers/435894 unless your question is a new issue or a question not related to that ticket then I must urge you to open a new thread here http://www.jotform.com/contact/
This will allow us to properly help you and to properly help those that have opened their own threads and avoid any confusion.
If you only want to be updated on what is mentioned here, please bookmark the page instead.
Thank you for your consideration.
- SKULLEGGAnswered on September 30, 2014 at 04:51 AM
Sure, just copy/paste en/fr text areas where appropriate as these are the only troublemakers
Check source code
1. <p style="text-align: center;"><span style="font-size: large;"><strong>Add a Store</strong></span></p>
<p style="text-align: center;"><strong>HYPER-EXCLUSIVE ONSHORE DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL</strong><br /> Only Gunners (manager of a store) can complete this form. Yarrr!</p>
2. <p style="text-align: center;">Fair Winds to the Crew!</p>
1. <p style="text-align: center;"><span style="font-size: large;"><strong>Ajouter une Boutique</strong></span></p>
<p style="text-align: center;"><strong>CANAL DE DISTRIBUTION "ONSHORE" MEGA-EXCLUSIF</strong><br /> Seuls les Canonniers (gérant d'une boutique) peuvent compléter ce formulaire. Yarrr!</p>
2. <p style="text-align: center;">Bon Vent à l'Equipage!</p>
- BenAnswered on September 30, 2014 at 08:24 AM
Thank you for giving us the English and French text. I have tried to set it up, but it seems that I can only manage to set one of them to translate even on my own jotform.
I will leave additional comment to our developers so that they have more details. Once the fix is made they will update you through this thread.
I can not tell you when that will be, but can tell you that the bug is marked as important and that developers are already assigned to it, so hopefully it will be resolved soon, but as mentioned they will update you on that :)
Sorry for any inconveniences this might be causing you.
- SKULLEGGAnswered on September 30, 2014 at 11:02 AM
yep i heard my jotform app ringing like a fool :) Thank you.
- KadeJMAnswered on September 30, 2014 at 12:39 PM
We do apologize about the inconvenience and thank you for taking the time to let us know about it. Our devs will look into the issue as soon as they can and we'll notify you here with an update asap.