- JoeAsked on September 19, 2014 at 04:15 PM
I've tried to reply to two different postings and cannot.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on September 19, 2014 at 04:43 PM
Your email address is currently associated with a guest account. Since you are technically not logged in until you have a registered account, we will be unable to post thread replies until you do so. If you still cannot post replies after registering, let us know and we will be happy to see what else we can do.
- J_o_eAnswered on September 19, 2014 at 04:47 PM
Ahh, that did it. Can I suggest using an error message to let users know about that rather than letting them think your forum reply is broken?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on September 19, 2014 at 04:52 PM
Glad to hear it! I will pass this request along to our development team to see if this process can be streamlined a bit more. I agree that knowing you are unable to post due to not being registered would be a big help. Thank you for the suggestion.
- Chief Technology OfficereeeAnswered on September 22, 2014 at 02:30 AM
Error message is updated with an user-friendly one,
Sorry for the trouble,
- J_o_eAnswered on September 22, 2014 at 10:45 AM
I just tried using IE not logged in, and it still just shows "Please wait..." on the button when I reply to a posting. You said that an error message is "updated" but there was no error message at all, so I'm wondering what you updated. I think the proper way to handle this would be to only display the reply form if a user is logged in. You could have a message that says, "Please sign in to post a reply" or something like that.
- Chief Technology OfficereeeAnswered on September 22, 2014 at 10:56 AM
Have you tried it with another browser ?
- J_o_eAnswered on September 22, 2014 at 11:00 AM
Your screenshot is of an entirely different screen. I'm referring to the reply feature on this forum, not to sending an email to someone. Here's a shot of my test, that still just says Please Wait...
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on October 04, 2014 at 05:20 AM
This bug has been fixed. You may now reply to public threads even without a JotForm account.