- daveoreardonAnswered on September 20, 2014 at 09:01 AM
So my question is - how can I get the person who completes the form to provide their first and last name separately (which I'll use with Zapier/Xero) but that which I can combine into a single field for Campaign Monitor?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on September 20, 2014 at 06:55 PM
Can you please confirm that you were going to integrate jotform to both Zapier/Xero and Campaign Monitor?
If it is, I think there will be conflict with the mapping of the Full Name field -- because in Zapier/Xero integration process, you will not be able to map the Full Name field separately.
You will need to use a single Textbox field have the split Full Name field that you can mapped separately to Zapier/Xero in your integration.
In Campaign Monitor, you can only mapped a Full Name field.
So if you want both integration on the same jotform, then the common for them is to use only the compound Full Name field.
- daveoreardonAnswered on September 20, 2014 at 07:02 PM
Confirmed - I am trying to use Zapier to integrate Jotform with Xero and Jotform's native integration to integrate with Campaign Monitor (CM). CM wants a single full name field, Xero wants two separate fields (first name, last name).
So, if I create two separate text fields for name (not use the Quick Tools full name field) - for use with Zapier - is there a way I can combine these two text fields into a hidden full name field that I can then use with Campaign Monitor?
EDIT -To keep this simple, please ignore my integration requirements. I'd like to be able to do one of two things:
1. Load a hidden field from a single sub-field of a 'compound' Quick Tools field, i.e. Full Name, e.g. HiddenFirstName = QuickToolFullName.FirstName.
2. OR, Load a single hidden field by setting it to the concatenation of two text fields, i.e. HiddenFullName = FirstName || ' ' || LastName.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on September 20, 2014 at 08:56 PM
is there a way I can combine these two text fields into a hidden full name field that I can then use with Campaign Monitor?
It will not work for the compound Full Name (Quick tools) though. Because you cannot pre-fill the compound Full Name separately (First and Last name).
It will work if you just use the single Textbox field and use condition logic to concatenate the First/Last name from the 2 separate Textbox field.
My idea is like this
1. Add 2 Textboxes. for First Name and Last Name data
2. Add 1 Textbox. for Full Name data (concatenated field in #1)
3. Use condition logic to combine the fields in #1 to the field in #2
4. Make the Full Name field(#2) hidden.
Since the jotform now have both separate Full Name and concatenated Full Name data -- it should be able to integrate to both Zapier/Xero and Campaign Monitor because it now have both the Full Name data source it can use.
Something similar to this demo jotform http://form.jotform.me/form/42627456457463?
Take note that you can hide the Full Name field in the demo jotform I have. I did not hide it just to show how it works.
Hope this help. Inform us if you need further assistance.
- daveoreardonAnswered on September 20, 2014 at 09:00 PM
Thank you, that's exactly what I want. Can you show me the condition logic that does the concatenation please? I had a look in Jotform but can't work out how to do a concat of two fields
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on September 20, 2014 at 10:11 PM
Sorry for the delays.
You can actually just clone also my test jotform http://form.jotform.me/form/42627456457463 so you can review it thoroughly wthin your form builder.
Follow this user guide http://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL
Just the same, the calculation and condition I created look like this
- daveoreardonAnswered on September 21, 2014 at 01:25 AM
Ah, I see now thanks.
In case anyone else reads this later, the missing piece of the jigsaw puzzle was that you can add a calculated field using the Form Calculation widget.
I just created a First Name field and a Second Name field and then used the Form Calculation widget to create a Full Name field, which I set to Hidden. In the calculation wizard for the Full Name field I found I had to select Advanced Options and then 'Add field to equation as text by default' before choosing the two fields I wanted to concatenate. This wasn't immediately obvious to me.