- paulygAsked on September 12, 2011 at 05:04 AM
Why wont the link fro my website work??
I have followed instructions (copied and pasted from source code etc...) but the link just takes my customers to a blank jotformm page, not MY document
- brx250Answered on September 12, 2011 at 10:16 PM
I've checked the URL you've given above but haven't found any JotForm's form codes. If you could provide us additional details regarding your issue (e.g. screenshots), and if you could double check the URL, if it's the correct one, then, that would be very great.
We will be waiting for your response. Thank you for your patience.
Albert | JotForm Support
- paulygAnswered on September 13, 2011 at 02:36 PM
yes unfortunately i had to take the code off my web page.....my site is live and being used all day i cannot have potential clients being directed to a blank page which is what is happening.
the only time the actual form appears is when i am logged in, as soon as i log out my clients are taken to blank jotform page when they click on the link
can you please help?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on September 14, 2011 at 01:30 AM
May we know which method you used to embed the form? Also, would it be possible to create a duplicate of your page and have the form embedded in there so we can have a first hand experience of the problem you described?
We'll be awaiting your response so this issue can be solved the soonest time possible. Thanks!
- paulygAnswered on September 14, 2011 at 01:30 PM
you have lost me. i am really not a techy and do not understand how to "embed the form"
i am thinking this may not be the best site for me to be using...i have used survey type websites previously to create questionnaires which was just a case of copying and pasting the page code to a website and creating a link, which was then ready to use
i understood from watching the brief instructional video this was all i needed to do??
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on September 14, 2011 at 01:49 PM
Actually, yes, embedding form is as simple as "copying and pasting the page code". My question is about which type of page code you used.
Did you just click this button to get your page code?
- paulygAnswered on September 14, 2011 at 01:53 PM
yes i did exacty that
- paulygAnswered on September 14, 2011 at 02:00 PM
neil i will try one more time and leave the link on my site
i will upload now and leave for 24hrs
url page will be the same
hopefuly you can help me
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on September 14, 2011 at 04:20 PM
You are posting the form codes as a link. I am not sure how the platform you're using (1&1 MyBusiness Site) works, so I can't give instructions on how to exactly embed the form on your page.
Would it be possible to attach here a screenshot of your site's admin page, particularly the part where you pasted the form codes? This is so we can hopefully come up with ideas on how to properly embed the form. Click here to learn how to attach your screenshot on your response.
Alternatively, you may also just insert this link on your page - http://www.jotform.com/12505306030 - instead of using the embed codes.
I'll await your updates. Thanks!
- paulygAnswered on September 15, 2011 at 01:45 PM
ah ha...it worked using that new link!!!
many thanks for your help
i have another couple of questions if you don`t mind
1) is there any tool on the form builder that enables me to ask the respondent to upload a document of thier own to add to the form they are completing (i.e: asking them for photo id eg: a scan of their licenece or passport)?
2) i understand that i am allowed 100 free responses per form / month?? - if i wish to use the same form ongoing (there will be a lot less than 100 per month) would i have to stop or change forms after 100 responses, even if received over a period of say 3 months??
once again thank you for your advice neil
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on September 15, 2011 at 01:55 PM
Glad to hear it worked for you. Anyway, us here at JotForm want to keep threads in our support forum as focused and on-topic as possible. Thus, we strongly advise against posting multiple unrelated questions in a single thread.
Since you are a new user, I'll let this one pass, but in the future please refrain from doing so.
For question 1: You can use a file upload field which is found under the Form Tools section
For question 2: The 100 monthly response limit is for the whole account, not per form.
If you have follow-up questions regarding this two other questions you asked, please open a new thread. Thanks!