- MNWOConfAsked on September 22, 2014 at 12:47 PM
We have many events with different forms. Can you tell me when some people reply - I receive a notice with their name in the 'From' section - and others I receive the word JotForm instead of a name in the From section.
Hope this makes sense.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on September 22, 2014 at 02:32 PM
I understand that you are receiving name of the person registering the event for some emails and JotForm for some other emails as sender name. This is because, the field Sender Name on the notifiers might be left without selecting proper field. If this field is left empty, you'll be receiving JotForm as the sender name by default. If appropriate field is selected, the name of the person registering the event should be displayed here.
Please see the screenshot below that the email displays with Name of the form submitter.
The following screenshot shows that nothing is selected and you'ld be receiving in the name of JotForm.
If you want to change the sender name, you can select the appropriate field from the form.
Please refer to http://www.jotform.com/help/25-Setting-Up-Email-Notifications for editing the notifications.
Hope this information helps. Please get back to us if you need further assistance. We will be happy to assist you.
- MNWOConfAnswered on September 22, 2014 at 02:51 PMHi Kiran,
Here is a picture of what I am getting. You will see that the application that is highlighted says JotForm and all the others have a name. The registration is done the same as the others so your explanation does seem to fit. Any ideas? With much thanks. Lee
- MNWOConfAnswered on September 22, 2014 at 02:51 PMWhat I also noticed – is that when I went to submissions for this form – George Meggison did not have the ‘envelope’ symbol highlighted (far left) but all other forms did. All applications that I sent you in the picture in my last email were from the same form.
- BenAnswered on September 22, 2014 at 03:39 PM
I believe that your issue was caused when we had to switch from our main email servers to backup ones. This has resulted in some accounts getting "Jotform" as a sender instead of the field that they had set and was working before.
Now what helped in such cases was to remove the old notifications that caused this and create the new ones exactly like the old ones were set. This resolved the issue (even thought they looked and were set the same) and the email started pouring in :)
Do try it out and let us know how it goes for you.