- kathleenmanningAsked on September 22, 2014 at 07:59 PM
Forms created via JotForm do not appear when using Firefox or Explorer. (They work fine in Chrome, Opera and Safari.) How can I fix the problem?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on September 22, 2014 at 09:06 PM
Because the form was loaded in a secure environment or SSL Website, but it's URL is using the non-secure URL.
To fix that, please secure your form using our SSL feature: https://www.jotform.com/help/63-How-can-I-receive-SSL-Submissions.
- pagesageAnswered on September 22, 2014 at 10:19 PM
Thank you for the quick response. I appreciate it. It is strange that the error only occurs in some browsers and not others. Your fix worked.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on September 22, 2014 at 10:58 PM
On behalf of my colleague, you are welcome.
I am glad to know that your issue is now resolved.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on September 23, 2014 at 05:17 PM
The last problem was unrelated to the original post so I have moved it to a new thread, please check it here: http://www.jotform.com/answers/433430.
- kathleenmanningAnswered on September 23, 2014 at 05:18 PM
The html code on the page now reads:
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on September 23, 2014 at 06:19 PM
I will be posting my reply to this thread: http://www.jotform.com/answers/433430-Form-is-freezing-you-cannot-fill-data-in-it#3.