- blkdesignsAsked on September 23, 2014 at 06:43 PM
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on September 23, 2014 at 08:07 PM
You should be able to receive it via te form notification email: https://www.jotform.com/help/25-Setting-Up-Email-Notifications.
You can also see it by going to your form submissions page:
- blkdesignsAnswered on September 23, 2014 at 09:21 PMHi,
when I click on submissions, it only shows the form fields completed, NOT the email address of the person that actually completed it. Form notification doesnt show me the email address either only that a new submission has come through and their responses.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on September 24, 2014 at 03:05 AM
Thanks for your reply. Sorry though but we're confused with your question. We would appreciate if you could clarify or answer the following questions.
Does the form you are referring here contains an email field? Note that Jotform can't magically grab user's email unless you have an email field on your form so the user can enter their email address. :)
Would you be so kind to provide the form in question?
What you see on the submissions page are the values submitted using your form, so if your form does not have an email field then there's nothing Jotform can provide.
We'll await for your reply. Thank you!
- blkdesignsAnswered on September 24, 2014 at 12:31 PMI do not have a field for having respondents put in their email address. I seem to recall other form generating services (i.e., Zoomerang) being able to provide this even if you dont ask participants for their email. I was hoping that jot form could do the same.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on September 24, 2014 at 01:54 PM
Unfortunately, that feature is not available in JotForm. You will have to add an email field to your from so your customers can submit their email address.
If you want the same feature that Zoomerang offers, you can request that in a new thread and we'll be happy to forward it to our developers.