- daveoreardonAsked on September 23, 2014 at 11:33 PM
As confirmed by NeilVicente in this thread, http://www.jotform.com/answers/309561, Jotform correctly displays an error message "Oops! Your card was declined", instead of the 'thank you' page, when a Stripe credit card charge attempt fails.
This is great. However, is there a way that I can either:
1. Change the wording of that error message.
2. Direct my customer to my own web page.
The problem at the moment is that the error message does not tell my customer what to do next.
- jedcadornaAnswered on September 24, 2014 at 07:29 AM
That error message is set as is meaning all users sees that message if their credit card is declined. Since the problem at the moment is that your user doesn't have any button to click to go back, they don't know what to do next after seeing that message.
What I can do is submit a request to our 2nd level probably add some link to go back to the form. I cannot guarantee you that this will be implemented. You'll be notified here once there's an update.
- daveoreardonAnswered on September 24, 2014 at 07:31 AM
Yes, you have understood my problem perfectly.
One option would simply be to allow us to customise the message that appears.
- jedcadornaAnswered on September 24, 2014 at 08:45 AM
Yes I have added that to my notes. We'll let you know here once our dev's have an update about this request.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on October 01, 2014 at 11:06 PM
I'd like to inform you that we have just added the go back link to Stripe error message pages.
- daveoreardonAnswered on October 01, 2014 at 11:20 PM
This is fantastic! I'm so pleased this enhancement has been made.
Is there any chance we can configure the wording ourselves?
If not, the wording should probably be tweaked a little - a card declined error is not because the card number was incorrect and needs to be "fixed", but usually because of insufficient funds. Therefore, "Please go back and fix this" is not quite right. "Please go back and try another card or contact your card provider" would be better.
Regardless, it's much better than it was. Thanks again
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on October 02, 2014 at 01:38 AM
- vivalassummer514Answered on January 29, 2015 at 08:31 PM
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on January 30, 2015 at 12:23 AM
@vivalassummer514, your question will be addressed on this thread.