- RDTSAsked on September 24, 2014 at 10:07 AM
We have a form in which we are using the Auto Complete Widget to select among about 5500 locations/addresses entries. When you upload the list and test it, it works fine, but seems like when you save the form and leave the Edit mode after a little while, it only keeps in memory the first 1020 options and the rest of the list is lost.
Is there any way to increase the capacity of this widget or the only option is to divide the list in about 6 different questions?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on September 24, 2014 at 11:47 AM
There are character limits for many of our widgets. I have sent a request to our developers to see what the limit is on this particular one and to see if this is something that can be increased. For now however, you are correct, the best possible work around would be to break the list down to 6 different questions, rather than having all 5500 locations in one widget.
We will update you in this thread as soon as we have any further information regarding the possibility of increasing the character limit of the Auto-Complete widget.
- RDTSAnswered on September 24, 2014 at 11:48 AM
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on September 24, 2014 at 12:52 PM
You are very welcome! Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with in the mean time.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on September 24, 2014 at 02:05 PM
I have added this request as a bug ticket.