- AlineAsked on September 13, 2011 at 08:51 AM
This is very disappointing because when my customers clicks on the clink, they find that the form has been disabled. What is the problem?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on September 13, 2011 at 01:55 PM
Your form gets autosuspended because it asks for log in information (username and password). May we ask how you intend to use the form and how you plan to make us of the log in information filled out by the user?
If you can provide a reasonable and clear explanation, we will have your form whitelisted. Otherwise, it will remain suspended. Thanks!
- AlineAnswered on September 18, 2011 at 07:40 AM
I am the cheif security in our company and we sometime receive some warning messages and from the tune of those messages, it seems that one of our staff is revealing this informations to those people. So the only way to catch those people is to monitor their emails messages. I really dont mean any harm. Please send the link to my email. Thank you.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on September 18, 2011 at 11:16 AM
Sorry, we cannot accept this explanation. As a "cheif security" you should understand our reasons. We will not be able to enable your account. Please do not use JotForm in the future for these kinds of forms. Thanks.
- AlineAnswered on September 19, 2011 at 04:24 AM
thank you anyway. what if i upgrade my account? or do you know any other great form builder sites like jotform?
- allanftdAnswered on September 19, 2011 at 04:41 AM