What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Can I Create a Form for Voting?Asked by AA_C on September 28, 2014 at 10:55 PM
Do you have a method or widget for creating a voting system something like SurveyMonkey?
We have about 1000 members who can vote in an election for the executive and regional directors.
1. The executive positions are national so all members can vote for their candidate.
2. Regional directors can only be voted for by members in their region.
3. Members can only vote once.
A method of uploading a voters list or using our database
There is more but I won't go into detail unless you have a solution I could possibly use.
I have replied to your first question here, kindly check. http://www.jotform.com/answers/435689-Voting-System#1
Answered by EltonCris on September 29, 2014 at 09:23 AM
Unfortunately we do not have some kind of voting system. However, this app might work similarly to what you want.
1. This is possible, whoever gets the form URL so see the form will be able to submit it.
2. We do not have feature where you can limit forms base on their location (through automatic detection), but if the location is specific on a field, you can limit questions base on the fields. Here's a guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/223-How-to-set-Form-Limits-Based-on-a-Unique-Question
You can also create Hide/Show condition depending on the location specified by the user. Check this article to learn more about form conditions. http://www.jotform.com/help/57-Smart-Forms-Using-Conditional-Logic
3. Yes, it is possible to limit submissions once per IP address or or limit with a unique question, like I've said on number 2. Guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/64-What-does-Unique-Submission-Mean?
Note that Jotform supports Webhook and API endpoint is also available http://api.jotform.com/, so whenever you want to go custom solution, you can always implement your own script and be able to achieve what you want.
Hope this answers your question. If you have further questions, let us know.
I have copied your answer here so others can read it as my second question was private.
Thank you I will try your suggestions.
Let us know if everything works out. If you have any trouble setting anything up, let us know also and we will be happy to help.
I going to use another online application for this job, s****y v****g.
You have been very helpful as usual and I will look into your suggestions for another requirement later.
Thanks again JotForm Team