- AA_CAsked on September 28, 2014 at 10:55 PM
Do you have a method or widget for creating a voting system something like SurveyMonkey?
We have about 1000 members who can vote in an election for the executive and regional directors.
1. The executive positions are national so all members can vote for their candidate.
2. Regional directors can only be voted for by members in their region.
3. Members can only vote once.
A method of uploading a voters list or using our database
There is more but I won't go into detail unless you have a solution I could possibly use.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on September 29, 2014 at 09:31 AM
I have replied to your first question here, kindly check. http://www.jotform.com/answers/435689-Voting-System#1
- AA_CAnswered on September 29, 2014 at 09:32 AM
Answered by EltonCris on September 29, 2014 at 09:23 AM
Unfortunately we do not have some kind of voting system. However, this app might work similarly to what you want.
1. This is possible, whoever gets the form URL so see the form will be able to submit it.
2. We do not have feature where you can limit forms base on their location (through automatic detection), but if the location is specific on a field, you can limit questions base on the fields. Here's a guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/223-How-to-set-Form-Limits-Based-on-a-Unique-Question
You can also create Hide/Show condition depending on the location specified by the user. Check this article to learn more about form conditions. http://www.jotform.com/help/57-Smart-Forms-Using-Conditional-Logic
3. Yes, it is possible to limit submissions once per IP address or or limit with a unique question, like I've said on number 2. Guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/64-What-does-Unique-Submission-Mean?
Note that Jotform supports Webhook and API endpoint is also available http://api.jotform.com/, so whenever you want to go custom solution, you can always implement your own script and be able to achieve what you want.
Hope this answers your question. If you have further questions, let us know.
- AA_CAnswered on September 29, 2014 at 09:36 AM
I have copied your answer here so others can read it as my second question was private.
Thank you I will try your suggestions.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on September 29, 2014 at 10:52 AM
Let us know if everything works out. If you have any trouble setting anything up, let us know also and we will be happy to help.
- AA_CAnswered on September 29, 2014 at 11:14 AM
I going to use another online application for this job, s****y v****g.
You have been very helpful as usual and I will look into your suggestions for another requirement later.
Thanks again JotForm Team