- GreenTeaAsked on October 02, 2014 at 01:42 PM
1) The editor interface now looks a little bit different than in their help article - the MOBILE option is in the second section (not first), and it says Set Password Protection and Visibility; in there, there is a checkbox "Only display optimised content on smartphones and tablets. When this option is activated, contents that are not optimised such as the HTML widget and some apps will automatically be hidden on mobile devices." UN-TICKING this box made the form display on mobile! And the form IS optimised so no problem - it displays correctly… almost.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on October 02, 2014 at 02:43 PM
Could you please let us know which help article you are referring to? We update them constantly so if something it not current we always appreciate it when it is brought to our attention. Some of our older widgets may not behave properly on mobile which is why the option you referenced exists. You are correct though, most of our features are automatically optimized for most mobile environments. However some may not work in certain environments as well as others.
- GreenTeaAnswered on October 02, 2014 at 09:10 PM
This post has been separated from another thread. I was referring to the 1and1 help article that was provided by another member of your Support Team ("jedcadorna"). It is their (1and1's) article that is not updated, not yours: http://help.1and1.co.uk/1and1-mywebsite-c71659/getting-started-c71716/enable-a-1and1-mywebsite-to-be-viewed-on-smartphones-a790640.html
(With the "almost" correctly I was referring to problems with Captcha which were branched to another thread.)
You can see the differences between the linked 1and1 help article and the interface as I described it in my post, in the screenshots below.
(I am not able to upload 2 files so I took a screenshot of two images, one next to another - maybe the Support Team can edit this post and separate them again so that it is easier to understand.)
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on October 03, 2014 at 04:02 AM
Thank you for the clarification and for sharing the information on how 1&1 works with embed methods. So I think this should be address over to 1&1. I'm sure they'd be happy to listen your suggestion or request about their article.
Regarding on the captcha issue, we'll answer it on your other threads.