- OLNCMYWebAsked on October 03, 2014 at 01:25 PM
The situation is this....
I have a text field, within this text field I need to refer to additional information by clicking a link. Ideally, I'd like the additional information (at this point it is another form -- static text only, no other fields) to open in a lightbox but a pop-up will work too. I have tried injecting the lightbox script into the text html but it doesn't work. Can you make a recommendation as to how I can achieve this result?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on October 03, 2014 at 01:42 PM
Please check this link to create a lightbox form: https://www.jotform.com/help/220-How-to-Create-a-Lightbox-Form
Let us know if you have more questions, we will be glad to assist you.
- OLNCMYWebAnswered on October 03, 2014 at 01:43 PM
I think you missed where I said that didn't work. It strips out the scripting for it leaving only an a href.
- OLNCMYWebAnswered on October 03, 2014 at 01:48 PM
To avoid some confusion. The static text I'm referring to is a form element. It is the "Text" field I'm trying to accomplish this in
- OLNCMYWebAnswered on October 03, 2014 at 02:02 PM
I found a work around that I believe will be better.
- ShadaeAnswered on October 03, 2014 at 02:03 PM
I do apologize for the issue that you are experiencing with getting the Lightbox to work.
To confirm, you would like to create a form and within the form you would have a field that would pop up another form when the field is selected?
If that is the case, could you provide us with the two forms and tell us which for you would like it which field.
We would be happy to check if we can achieve the desired result.
We look forward to hearing from you.
- ShadaeAnswered on October 03, 2014 at 02:04 PM
I am happy to hear that you were able to find a work around, does that mean you no longer want to achieve the originally stated result?
- OLNCMYWebAnswered on October 03, 2014 at 09:31 PM
I no longer need support on this ticket. Because the popup or lightbox was only going to contain text, I rearranged my form to be contained in pages in my site, leaving only true, fillable fields in my form. I was able to put what I needed into an inline popup. It's all good. It worked out better this way.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on October 04, 2014 at 12:55 AM
Glad to hear it. Cheers! =)