What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Euro sign- € causes Google Spreadsheet integration to failAsked by Tony Hämmäinen on October 05, 2014 at 06:48 PM
We made a form that was working fine in the beginning. After a while, Spreadsheet integration started bugging. Some of the information that users input is not transfered into the spreadsheet. Even though the PDF format has it as usual.
We have tested that it has nothing to do with the number format as in "," "." or whole numbers. Not even writing text in the box will show in the spreadsheet, even though it shouldn't differ from the other things asked at all.
Thanks in advance,
format google spreadsheet spreasheet integrati
Can you please share to us the jotform you were using that have this issue?
We will check it also.
For initial troubleshooting, can you also try first redoing the integration. That is, remove the integration, save the form, then re-integrate again.
See if re-integration fixes the problem already.
Inform us if issue remains.
I did as you suggested.
What happened was that it synced all the past numbers of Summa to the chart.
Although, when I did a new test entry of the form, it was empty again in the Spreadsheet.
Form is here:
So far I could not reproduced the same issue when I use a clone version of your jotform.
Here is my Google spreadsheet
Here is the test jotform http://www.jotform.me/form/42777004117451
If you test submit my jotform you should see it update the spreadsheet.
I can see you were using Firefox browser, although we cannot attribute the issue to the browser yet, but is there a way for you to test on a different browser (i.e Chrome) also?
I will wait for your updated response.
Continue updating us if issue remains.
When I opened your link there was a number in 2 of the 3 test entries you had done.
Also when I inserted my own test, it did not produce a number.
I made an entry with Firefox, IE and Chrome. I also tried to open the spreadsheet with all browsers.
Did not work.
I did a few test, and I am seeing the issue regarding the Summa field. I tried entering the numbers in various format, without decimal point, with the decimal point and with the dollar sign as well. Nothing seemed to allow this information to be sent over to the Google Spreadsheet.
It appears that there is a bug that we would need to report to our development team to have this looked into you. You stated that when you removed the integration and created the integration once again, the old Summa submissions got populated in the spreadsheet?
Are you having this issue with any other field?
Hey Shadae & Jonathan,
I was able to pinpoint & work around the problem.
That same issue was with all fields that had "(€)" in the name. Replacing "€" with "euro" made the problem go away.
I had it with fields:
Korvaussumma yhteensä (€)
It would be nice if you could inform me when/if this is fixed. It would be nice to have the €'s in the form.
Thank you for your fast responses regarding this matter!
Thank you for that update, that helps us to pin-point the issue and have it resolved as soon as possible. I have sent that updated information to our development team and they will look into resolving this issue.
Any update regarding this bug will be posted within this thread.
Please feel free to open another thread for any other issues.
Euro sign problem in google spreadsheets is now permanently fixed. Thank you very much for letting us know.
All the best