- crystaloftruthAsked on October 08, 2014 at 12:46 AM
We have had one of your forms on a client's page for a couple of months now, everything functioned fine and there have been a lot of messages sent through it. Just recently someone told us it wasn't there anymore. I checked and it seems like the form was loading up and then disappearing a moment later. Sometimes it appears and is fine but about half the time (for me at least) it ends up not displaying.
There is actually a second form on another page of the same site and the same thing seems to be happening there.
Any idea what's going wrong?
(NB. There are actually two forms on the same page set to display one or the other depending on the size of the browser window. I have tried removing one in combination with disabling the alternative css for other screen sizes but still had the exact same issue)
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on October 08, 2014 at 06:15 AM
Our sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused.
I checked your form from here and it is loading just fine. Both embedded and stand alone form are working normally.
Although we have temporary form loading issues last day but it has been addressed immediately.
Can you please open your form in the form builder and save it once?
If the problem is still occurring after that, let us know here so we can assist you further. Thanks!
- crystaloftruthAnswered on October 08, 2014 at 07:34 PM
Thanks for responding so quick.
I opened and saved each form again but am still having the same issue.
It seems to only be happening in Firefox.
I also tried uploading the site to different hosting but the same problem occurs there too, it also happens when I load the page straight of my hard drive.
Seems to have gotten worse, happens almost all the time now.
I even tried deleting everything from the page except the form and that didn't help either.
Not sure what else to try.
- crystaloftruthAnswered on October 08, 2014 at 09:22 PM
Fixed it :)
As I mentioned, each of these pages had two forms and one was being hidden depending on whether you were looking at the mobile or desktop version. By hiding the forms I didn't want with position:absolute;left:-10000px; instead of display:none; it seems to have fixed the problem. The strange thing is that it was all working fine until recently.
Thanks for the help anyway
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on October 09, 2014 at 12:34 AM
Great! Glad to hear it. Cheers! :)