- richdorseyAsked on September 15, 2011 at 03:09 PM
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on September 15, 2011 at 03:45 PM
I regret to tell you this, but local network folders (or files) cannot be linked from a web-based document like a JotForm. That is because JotForm is hosted using the http protocol. As such, all other documents linked from the form shall also use the http protocol. Hence, your file needs to be hosted in a web-based location.
What I advise you to do is to upload the file on a web server. If you don't have a web server, here's a workaround I can offer to you:
1. Create a form in your account, then name it to something like "PLEASE DO NOT DELETE" or anything that will remind you to not delete the form.
2. Insert a file upload field on that form
3. Preview the form, upload the file you want to link to, then click Submit
4. Go to that form's submissions page, right click on the link of the file you just uploaded then click "Copy link location" or "Copy link address"
5. Use that URL to link out the document in your original form
Just make sure to not delete the form that contains the submission with the uploaded file.