- lifesolutionsAsked on October 14, 2014 at 10:25 AM
Is there a way to print my submissions in the layout that the form I created is already in? Right now it just seems to print it one long list of answers almost, but I need it to be in the layout of the form I created. Can you help with this? The document I have attached below is how it looks when I print it.
- jedcadornaAnswered on October 14, 2014 at 12:18 PM
You can use a report to show your submissions and display it on your webpage. Please check this guide on how you can create one http://www.jotform.com/help/209-How-to-create-an-HTML-Table-Listing-Report.
There are several options in the report section you can view our guide here for more information http://www.jotform.com/help/chapter-6-Reports.
- lifesolutionsAnswered on October 14, 2014 at 03:09 PM
This does not help at all. Sorry. What I need is to be able to print the submissions in the layout that I have created the form in. Getting a report does me no good.
- BenAnswered on October 14, 2014 at 05:02 PM
I would recommend to download each submission as a PDF file and then print it. This will help you to show it all in the same/similar manner as on the jotform. To do that you will need to make few alterations before getting the PDF file.
Click on the form in your JotForm Builder jotforms listing and then click on submissions.
Now that you are in the submission click on the gear icon in the top right corner and make sure that the "Auto Hide Empty Fields" is unchecked and that the "Show Headers and Texts" is checked.
You should immediately see the change on the left in the submissions preview window and you can then download the PDF for printing.
Do let us know if this is what you wanted to achieve or if you have any further questions.
- lifesolutionsAnswered on October 15, 2014 at 10:55 AM
No, this isn't what I wanted. I know I can get the pdf version and print it, but it still doesn't keep it in the form as it is when they fill it out online. The printed version is like this:
I don't want it like this. I want it to look like it does at the link below, except with their info filled in:
I saw jotform support post that said you could click on the submitted form and click on edit and then click print and it would print the form as it looks with the fields filled in, but when I try that the print button is not available.
I really think your print feature needs to be upgraded because this is not working for us. Thanks!
- lifesolutionsAnswered on October 15, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Nevermind I found a way around it.
- BenAnswered on October 15, 2014 at 11:09 AM
I am glad that you have found a way to achieve this. I understand now what you wanted as well, this can be done by sending yourself the link to edit submission in the notifications and then after going to that link you can print the page and have it printed out exactly as it.
- lifesolutionsAnswered on February 02, 2015 at 01:20 PMBen, Yea that's the method I was able to use. I do think printing the form in the original layout I created is a feature that jotform should have. Honestly I shouldn't have to go to edit form and do all that just to print a submission this way. That's a lot of additional work, plus most of the time it cuts off information if the box is not large enough for the text entered. Hopefully this feature will be added soon because I saw that a lot of other people needed it as well.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on February 02, 2015 at 02:16 PM
Will forward the request to our developers, but I prefer to have a new thread for it so I have moved your last reply. Here's the new link:
- pbsc.eocAnswered on July 07, 2015 at 05:48 AM
I agree with the suggestion of making a printable form in the original layout!! It would be extremely helpful.
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on February 15, 2017 at 09:10 AM
@DPCREATE - I moved your post to a separate thread https://www.jotform.com/answers/1066897
We'll have it addressed there shortly.