- guneshworiAsked on October 14, 2014 at 09:34 PM
Add a field with a drop down options upto 6 options
Something like "How do you hear about us"
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on October 15, 2014 at 04:35 AM
I am not sure if I have understood your question correctly. Do you want to add one question which will have 6 dropdown field?
There are multiple ways to achieve your requirement:
1. You can add 6 drop down question in your form and then hide the label of 5 of them.
2. You can add "Configurable List" widget in your form and the configure it to show 6 dropdown questions.
Please take a look at the following demo form where I have added both the options: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/42871770223959? Feel free to clone this form for a closer look. The following guide should help you in form cloning: http://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.
- guneshworiAnswered on October 17, 2014 at 04:41 PMNew response receivedHi
This is not very clear to me, so how do I add this on my existing form, http://upperclasslimousine.com/reservation.html
The HOW DO YOU HEAR ABOUT US ? with the 6 options. Pls get back ASAP
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on October 17, 2014 at 07:01 PM
I understand that you want to add a dropdown box with 6 options to your JotForm. Please follow the steps below :
1. Login into your JotForm account
2. Select the JotForm "Book a Limo Form" and then click on Edit Form to open it in edit mode
3. Now, click on Drop Down box to add it to your JotForm. Drag the field wherever you need in the form.
4. Edit the label of the dropdown as you need
5. Add the list of options by clicking on dropdown icon and click on Ok
6. Save the form. The dropdown should be automatically shown in your webpage.
Hope this information helps. Please get back to us if you need further assistance. We will be happy to assist you.
- guneshworiAnswered on October 17, 2014 at 09:31 PMNew response receivedI have added but my options are not appearing, it just says Option1, option 2 , option 3 etc.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on October 17, 2014 at 09:50 PM
To change the option selection in Dropdown list field, follow the numbered steps on the image below.
the live form will then look like this
- guneshworiAnswered on October 20, 2014 at 07:31 PMNew response receivedHi,
I was able to add the How did you hear about us column on this form
But see I do not get the message of the option selected by the client when filling the form, I have put “ Google” “others” etc. But they are not showing on the message we received. Please check and advice.
Upperclass Limousine Inc.
Full Name Test Test
Phone Number ()
No. of Passengers
Vehicle Town Car
Pickup Date & Time 10-22-2014 4:20 PM
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on October 20, 2014 at 11:07 PM
Delete the current email notification:
Then set it up again so the new field is added, please refer to this step by step guide to create an email notification: http://www.jotform.com/help/25-Setting-Up-Email-Notifications
Let us know if you have more questions, we will be glad to assist you.
- guneshworiAnswered on October 21, 2014 at 01:51 AMNew response receivedThis is not what I had asked for.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on October 21, 2014 at 03:56 AM
Please be noted that when you edit your notification email template, it becomes dirty. Which means that any changes your make in your form will not be updated in your email alert.
That is the reason why my colleague suggested you to delete the existing email alert of your form and add a new one. A new email alert will always add all the question in the email template.
Anyway, I have updated your email alert manually which should have resolved your issue. Do test your form and get back to us if the issue persists.
- guneshworiAnswered on October 21, 2014 at 01:01 PMNew response receivedThanks a lot, I was not sure about that, I think it works now.