- revmarkAsked on October 15, 2014 at 06:26 PM
changes i've made in the new form designer are not being saved.
This is a re-post of a comment on Introducing JotForm’s New Form Designer!
- raulAnswered on October 15, 2014 at 06:41 PM
I was not able to reproduce the issue at my end.
Can you please provide more details about it?
Did you receive an error message?
I saw that you edited a form today, did you have problems with this form in particular?
Please let us know so can provide better assistance.
- revmarkAnswered on October 16, 2014 at 10:48 AM
That is the form, issue is that it wont embed on my site. And it doesnt look like that in the old editor. No error messages or anything, just when it is embedded, the form prior to using the new editor shows up even after getting a new embed script.
- revmarkAnswered on October 16, 2014 at 11:46 AM
Ok, I see what is happening. If I access the form directly or preview it on JF, then it looks great. It looks great in a post using the WP plugin, but in a widget, the formatting is getting stripped: i.e.: rounded corners, width, etc.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on October 16, 2014 at 01:25 PM
In that case, I would recommend using iframe embed code on your widget section to prevent your WP site from overriding the form CSS styles.
This should help. Thanks!
- revmarkAnswered on October 16, 2014 at 03:29 PM
Ok tried that and still no formatting from the new designer.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on October 16, 2014 at 04:13 PM
Sorry, you mean on your WP page or on the form designer?
This is how your form looks like in the form designer when I check using a cloned version of your form. So far, the form looks great.
Can you please specify which part are you having issues with your form on the form designer? Does it look different on your end? We'd appreciate if you could could provide a screenshot so we can understand the problem better.
We'll await your reply. Thank you!
- revmarkAnswered on October 16, 2014 at 08:47 PM
Ok. The new editor is working fine as you can see. It is when I bring it into a WP Widget, the cool formatting such as the rounded corners and width and line spacing, etc., are not displaying properly. I tried several different ways to place in a widget including the iframe as you suggested. In fact the screen shot is from the iframe.
- revmarkAnswered on October 16, 2014 at 08:48 PM
Please remember too, that it displays perfectly inside a post or page.
- raulAnswered on October 16, 2014 at 09:56 PM
Can you please provide the URL where the form is embedded?
This will help us to investigate further this issue.
We will await for your response.
- revmarkAnswered on October 16, 2014 at 10:25 PM
mentorme.us is another site that the same for is having issues with. I cannot make the form go live on the actual site (http://www.reliefcanada.ca/) until this issue is resolved as it is a live site with active contacts.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on October 17, 2014 at 04:19 AM
It is because of the mobile response style that's why it appears different when you embed the form on a smaller div container. It automatically renders the mobile style that's why it is not showing the shadows and rounded corners. Anyway, I have corrected this in your form by injecting custom CSS codes to it. Kindly recheck the page. Thanks!
- revmarkAnswered on October 17, 2014 at 02:01 PM
Awesome! So I think, then that you probably should add a check box or something to handle whether or not the form is used in this fashion or something.
- ShadaeAnswered on October 17, 2014 at 03:47 PM
On behalf of my colleague, you are most welcome. We are happy to hear that the issue has been resolved for you.
Thank you for your feedback, that is something that we will have to take into consideration.
Please feel free to contact us if you need further assistance.
Thank you for using JotForm!
- amhomelifeAnswered on November 14, 2014 at 10:43 AMI have been incorporating changes over the past few days on numerous occasions and the changes are not kept from the previous day. I know you all have been making alot of updates this week, but i have repeatedly made the same modifications to a large majority of my forms. If Jotform Errors are received while you are making changes, do you recommend exiting the form and re-entering into the form? i have save my modifications numerous times on the same form. What's going on?
- ShadaeAnswered on November 14, 2014 at 11:27 AM
I do apologize for the issue that you are experiencing. I have moved you most to a new thread: http://www.jotform.com/answers/459402
It will be addressed there. Thank you.