- monilalAsked on October 15, 2014 at 07:06 PM
I outsource my web development and my developers are struggling to complete a 2 part form for me.
You can can see an example at the following landing page www.furfrenz.com/fbt1oct/
The intent is to capture the results of the form fill (part 1 and part 2) in one email that is sent to DropBox.
The problem I am having is that my developers are treating it as two forms and the data is sent separately, where I can not match the name and email data with the information collected in part 2.
I want to design a form that
1. Has two parts (less data collection at part one for higher conversions)
2. If the customer fills in part 1 but not part 2 then it sends part 1
3. If the customer fills in part 1 and part 2 it sends both sets of data in one email
Can you please look at my page and advise what changes ares needed and or send me in the direction of a tutorial to do this please?
Regards ShaunPage URL:
- raulAnswered on October 15, 2014 at 07:34 PM
Have you considered using the page break tool?
This tool allows to split one form into pages, in your case you would use page 1 for your current first form and page 2 for your second form.
If you want to allow your submitters to send only the fields from the first form, all you need to do is set the fields on your second form (on page 2) as optional.
If you need further assistance, please let us know.
- monilalAnswered on October 16, 2014 at 09:29 PM
One question; in the case where the customer fills in page one of the form, but abandons the form before filling page 2 how do we capture the data in page one iof they have not hit submit?
In my form this is there name and email and captueing this data is important.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on October 17, 2014 at 05:44 AM
Unfortunately, using the solution provided by raul, there would be no way to capture the data if the user abandons the form.
An alternate solution would be to create two different forms, with the 2nd form set as the 1st form's thank you URL.
Click here to learn more about setting thank you URL.