- weboriginationAsked on September 18, 2011 at 02:09 AM
Hello. My client's secure forms are still not working. When the DNS finishes propagating, will all HTTPS forms work again? Or, will we need to change the URLs to jotform.net or something else to get them to work again?
- JotForm SupportmlizAnswered on September 18, 2011 at 02:19 AM
Please change your secure forms to https://secure.jotform.com
(instead of https://www.jotform.com) Because of the DDoS attack we
had to move our front end to a service that protects us and we
currently cannot get the SSL certificate to work there.
It may take upto a week before we can have SSL of www.jotform.com.
So, you should instead fall back to "secure.jotform.com".
Please change all of your links to "secure" instead of "www".
- weboriginationAnswered on September 18, 2011 at 02:22 AM
I did that. And, the forms show as source code. See attached screen shot from my other forum post. This is what I get with the change from www to secure. What am I doing wrong?
- JotForm SupportmlizAnswered on September 18, 2011 at 03:03 AM
Please see the answer on the other forum post, I posted my response
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on September 20, 2011 at 09:09 AM
Great News about secure forms!
1. We have fixed the problem on security certificate of secure.jotform.com, that should work properly on Windows Firefox now.
2. We also have the new security certificate for www.jotform.com. So, that will also keep working.
You can use either www.jotform.com or secure.jotform.com. Both options will work.
Thank you for your patience.