- LaurenAsked on October 23, 2014 at 11:20 AM
Hi , I am creating a restaurant reservation form for an event that can only accept 100 people. I don't want to limit the number of submissions, because it won't accurately depict how many people are actually coming (one submission could include 4 guests). Is there a way to limit the number of people and once that number is hit, is there a message that can be viewed saying reservations are closed? Thanks!
- ShadaeAnswered on October 23, 2014 at 01:25 PM
To confirm, you would like the form to be limited based on the amount of persons coming to the event and not the amount of submissions that you receive?
If that is the case you can use our Quantity Gift Registry Widget. The widget comes in with a built in limit option. The user can also state how many persons will be attending.
Here is a simple form with the widget added: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/42955792348974
I hope this helps! Please inform us if you need further assistance.
- LaurenAnswered on October 23, 2014 at 02:21 PMGot it. I added it to my current form but the counter does not seem to be updating when I test it out. It still says 100 seats left, even after I put through a previous submission for four people. Did I set it up right?
- ShadaeAnswered on October 23, 2014 at 03:39 PM
Once the widget is added to the form, you would also need to add an API Key from your account to the widget, so that it is able to read all submissions that are done to the form.
1. Go to the Profile Icon in the Upper Right
2. Select Account
3. In the left panel select: API
4. Select Create Key
5. Take the Key and place it in the widget.
Once that is done, you will see a change when each form is submitted.
I hope this helps, please inform us if you need additional assistance.
- LaurenAnswered on October 23, 2014 at 04:01 PMThanks!One more thing, is there a way to have the person be directed to a different thank you page if they have gone over the number left. For example if there are 5 seats left, and I put in the number 6, it seems to still direct me to the same thank you page as if it went through. I would rather set up a different thank you page that explains reservations are full or there are not enough seats for everyone in the party.
Let me know if it’s possible.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on October 23, 2014 at 06:08 PM
@Lauren, since this is a different question, it has been moved to a new thread here. We will be glad to addressed your question on that thread, thanks.