- marcommAsked on October 23, 2014 at 07:56 PM
I am trying to use Dynamic Dropdown Widget and running into the same issue. simply not showing up in IE.
This is a really important feature to me. Is there something I am doing wrong?
To expand on my issue. It looks like this error is happening when the widget is hidden using conditions and then revealed.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on October 23, 2014 at 08:18 PM
I have loaded your jotform on IE, and the Dynamic Widget did show up:
As per you instruction, I did a test using conditions to show or hide the widget, it shows cut off half:
I will forward this to our second level, you will be notified of any updates on this matter.
- marcommAnswered on October 24, 2014 at 10:36 AM
Thanks for your quick response. Sorry I didn't do a good job of presenting the entire issue. Here it is embedded as I would like to have it. I am just getting a blank space and I don't seem to be able to fix it in css.
- marcommAnswered on October 24, 2014 at 11:09 AM
It now seems to be loading in my testing page once every 4 to 10 times I reload. When it loads it works and looks great but as a paying costumer I really need consistency.
Are you seeing the same thing from your end? Any idea when this can be fixed? It is part of a different campaign and I need to know this will work on all browsers.
- ShadaeAnswered on October 24, 2014 at 02:01 PM
Thank you for clarifying the issue. I was able to replicate the issue that you are experiencing with the widget in IE.
Our developers are currently working on this issue. I have also passed on this additional information to our developers. They will update you regarding this issue on this thread.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- marcommAnswered on October 27, 2014 at 12:09 PM
Any news on this? I need to report on when this will be a viable option.
- ShadaeAnswered on October 27, 2014 at 01:27 PM
We do apologize, there is currently no update on the issue. However, I am seeing where this issue has been assigned to one of our developers and has been marked as important.
This is being looked into and you will be updated through this thread.
Thank you once again for your patience.
- marcommAnswered on October 29, 2014 at 01:51 PM
I don't want to be a pest but can you give me an idea when this is going to be resolved? I really need to know as I am waiting to set up integrations.
- ShadaeAnswered on October 29, 2014 at 03:16 PM
It is not a bother, we do understand your concern. There has not yet been an update regarding the issue at this time.
Any update will be posted on this thread.
Your patience and understanding is truly appreciated.
- marcommAnswered on October 30, 2014 at 04:39 PM
I see that you have added a limit of 2000 characters which broke the dropdown I was trying to use. Still not working in IE.
Any way you can increase that character limit? Seems like the whole point of this function is to be able to do large dynamic dropdown which would be too difficult and complicated with conditions.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on October 30, 2014 at 05:01 PM
Unfortunately there is no way to increase the character limit since the widget is hard-coded, if you want, we might open a separate ticket request regarding this, but I can not assure you it will be approved, and if it is approved, we could not provide you an estimated time for the implementation.
Regarding the current situation, there has not been any updates yet, our developers are aware of the current bug in IE, I see this has an important priority. Thanks for your patience.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on December 17, 2014 at 12:45 AM
The widget has now been updated:
1. Compatible with all major browsers, including IE8+
2. There is no character limit - you can add as many as possible - this form has 42, 638 Characters - http://form.jotformpro.com/form/43501076746959?
Please try it out and share your experience.
We apologize for any inconveniences the issue caused you.