- hpjcAsked on October 26, 2014 at 12:21 PM
I've added a new credit card and tried to delete the old one. But twice, Jotform has tried to use the old (now invalid card via Paypal, and I can't even see how I can change this, or to charge a credit card directly, on my Jotform billing page at http://www.jotform.com/myaccount/billing. It says to "please try changing your credit card information below" but there is no link and no way to change it.Page URL:
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on October 26, 2014 at 02:10 PM
I see that the current subscription is with PayPal. To change the billing from PayPal to credit card, you would need to cancel the existing subscription and then resubscribe with your credit card.
To cancel the existing subscription, please follow the steps below :
1. Login into your JotForm account
2. Click on Pricing from the top menu bar
3. You can now click on Downgrade button displayed on Free plan to cancel your current subscription
Alternatively, you can also cancel the subscription from PayPal by following the steps below :
1. Login to your PayPal Account
2. Find the latest payment you've made to JotForm
3. Click on the subscription number for that transaction
4. Click on "Cancel Subscription" button
Once you have cancelled the subscription, you can re-subscribe from our Pricing Page using your credit card.
Hope this information helps. Please get back to us if you have any questions. We will be happy to help.
- hpjcAnswered on October 26, 2014 at 10:01 PMI think I fixed the problem in PayPal, although I
thought I had done that a couple of weeks ago
when I added the new credit card. It looks like
Jotform will try to charge this again in two
days, so we'll see. I want to make sure, though,
that I don't lose any form information/content if
the charge fails to go through again.
I'm really afraid to follow your procedure of
cancelling my subscription and then
re-subscribing, as I don't want to lose the form
responses that are in my account that are in
excess of the free account limit.
I wish you had a way of just changing the payment
type from PayPal to credit card without having to
go through all this. It seems too complicated
(and risky) to cancel my subscription and then
re-subscribe, to get around a limitation in your
Thanks anyway for your prompt reply, though.
At 6:10 PM +0000 2014-10-26, JotForm Support Forum wrote:
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on October 27, 2014 at 07:06 AM
I understand what you're saying, I know that the forms and submissions are very important for your business. We respect your decision. Let us know if you have any questions.
Thank you for choosing JotForm.