- aylin77Asked on September 20, 2011 at 08:59 AM
"Form data cannot be decoded"
What it means?
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on September 20, 2011 at 09:55 AM
Can you please tell us where you found this notice?
- aylin77Answered on September 20, 2011 at 10:06 AM
I foud this in my form. Today when I want to save my form after adding new conditions.
After there are other messages:
"There was an error on the page. Try reloading the page."
"Website Currently Unavailable
The website you are trying to access is currently unavailable. Please try again at a later time.
If you are the site owner, review the following resource to help resolve the issue."
- aylin77Answered on September 20, 2011 at 10:08 AM
Will the problem resolved?
- JotForm SupportmlizAnswered on September 20, 2011 at 12:12 PM
Our new load balancer seems to be having problem.
That's why we had the problem. It should be all working now.
We are not using it while the problem is being investigated.
You should now be able to make changes or add conditions
to the form using the Form Builder.
Let us know if this is not the case.
- aylin77Answered on September 21, 2011 at 07:47 AM
I work with Aylin.
When the message appears :
we open jotform, we load our form, we do a change and we try to save.
We wait during severals seconds (well, minutes...) and we have this pop-up : http://www.flickr.com/photos/66474239@N07/6169216162/
We have hundreds of questions, and about 150 conditions because it's really complex set of datas to describe. Also, we have several autocompletion fields and a lot of datas associated.
Where does the problem come from ?
1/ complexity of the form ?
2/ friday's attack ?
3/ the load balancer ?
Thanks for your help !
PS : Just in case, a copy of our form : http://form.jotform.com/form/12624343251
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on September 21, 2011 at 09:12 AM
I was able to open the form, complete it and submit it. I did not encounter any problems. Is this happening on a specific browser? I tried it on Chrome browser.
- aylin77Answered on September 21, 2011 at 10:23 AM
Several time when I want to save new conditions in my form, it did not succed and this message appaered.
"Form data cannot be decoded"
I need to know when will the problem resolved as I have already payed a premium service in september.
The clone of the form: http://www.jotform.com/form/12631851220
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on September 21, 2011 at 11:35 AM
I think it is happening because your form is too large. You have 379 questions and 147 conditions. We will investigate this issue but you might consider using the best computer with the most memory. Also, consider using Google Chrome. That will perform best with large forms.
- aylin77Answered on September 23, 2011 at 09:53 AM
We use Chrome since the beginning, and our computers have good configurations, with 4G of RAM...
But we're gonna try on a workstation with a 3GHz procesor and 6Go of Ram and we'lle let you know if it works !
Thanks for your help,
- allanftdAnswered on September 23, 2011 at 10:55 AM
I was able to submit your form using Google Chrome on a netbook. i got this thank you message:
Please keep us posted with your findings. Kindly check if you received my entry as well. Thank you and enjoy using JotForm!
- aylin77Answered on September 26, 2011 at 09:19 AM
Yes!! I received your form submission from the clone of my form.
Furthermore, I've deleted some conditions in my original form (http://form.jotform.com/form/12154946257).
Now I can make modifications, save modifications. the sentence "Form data cannot be decoded" no more appeared. I'm very glad!!
But now, the problem is, when I test the form, the submission button did not work. So no way to submit the form.
the link of my original form: http://form.jotform.com/form/12154946257
I need a help again.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on September 26, 2011 at 09:44 AM
Can you try fully refreshing your browser (shift key + refresh) or deleting your browser's cache? After doing so and this disabled submit button still appears, please let us know. So far I have tested your form and I was able to see the submit button active.
If you need further assistance, please let us know.
We'll wait for your updates.
- aylin77Answered on September 26, 2011 at 10:04 AM
thank you for your answer.
BUT, I delete my browser's cache and I still cannot submit my form. I use google chrom and I test it with another computer so...
When will I finnaly use properly the jotform??
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on September 26, 2011 at 10:16 AM
We apologize for this inconvenience, Aylin.
A ticket has been submitted for this issue with the highest priority. One of our developers will keep you posted once this is fixed.
Thanks for your patience and understanding.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on September 26, 2011 at 11:36 AM
For the meantime, what you can do is add a Free Text (HTML) tool in replacement of your submit button and insert the submit button code in it.
Here are the steps to do this:
1. Go to Setup & Embed tab
2. On the left side of the Form Builder, under the Power Tools, double-click or drag the Free Text (HTML) tool into your form
3. Click on the free text field you inserted
4. Click the HTML button in the toolbar
5. Paste this code: <input type="submit" value="Submit" />
6. Click OK and save the form
Please let us know if you need further assistance.
- aylin77Answered on September 26, 2011 at 12:05 PM
Thank you very much for you help and your fast answer.
It works, but for how long.
I realized that we are not safe from harm.