- JanetAsked on October 28, 2014 at 11:40 AMSo is this fix still pending? We have a form getting ready to go live where we do the same thing -- integrate with Dropbox. We'd like to use the Auto Delete app for our Jotform submissions which we don't need once they've been sent to Dropbox. We'd love to be able to automate this step and keep our storage space on Jotform under the limit easily. Is there an ETA for fixing this? Thanks.
- BenAnswered on October 28, 2014 at 11:44 AM
As mentioned, I have opened a thread to our developers here as well and they will update you here as soon as the fix is made for the app.
Please leave all the future responses here so that we can better assist you and avoid any confusion, while in the same time not send emails to the thread owner.
Thank you for your understanding.
- ufaedwebmasterAnswered on October 28, 2014 at 02:28 PM
I also need this ASAP, I am also having an issue where the auto delete causes forms to show up with the following message with dropbox/google drive integrations:
We couldn't find the submission you are looking for on our servers.
This leads me to believe that the submission is being deleted before it makes it to dropbox/google drive which is not supposed to be the case.
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on October 28, 2014 at 04:00 PM
I've added your comments in the ticket. Thanks
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on October 31, 2014 at 11:04 PM
I'm suspecting that you're trying to view the data from an actual submission which is why you're seeing that error. Since you're using the auto-delete app, the submission you're trying to view will get deleted in which as a result, the submission that you're trying to view no longer exists. So it's just reasonable that you will get the error.
However, the problem is that using the auto-delete app will not delete the file uploads even though the submission has already been deleted. So there should be no problem with transferring files to Dropbox and Google Drive even if you're using the app. But you won't see the uploaded file from your submissions list, and the only way to remove this is by deleting the form itself. This, so far is the bug that I see in this case.
Rest assured we're working on these bugs and we'll let you know as soon as this matter is resolved.
- ufaedwebmasterAnswered on November 01, 2014 at 10:16 AM
Hello liyam, I am actually trying to view the pdf that is generated by the submission and sent to dopbox/google drive. Based on my understanding the auto delete is only supposed to delete the submission/files on the jotform servers. This should happen AFTER all integrations have been processed so that I can still receive processed data through the various integrations, however the submission will not remain on the jotform servers. And the second half of the problem is the fact that the auto delete is not deleting uploads, and I am happy to hear that is being worked on. Thank you for your fantastic service and support!