- JottyPaulaAsked on October 29, 2014 at 04:51 PM
I researched a few options for forms on a client's new Adobe Muse site and I like JotForm. I did a sample form and with a few tweaks, it'll be great.
However, I would prefer my client have their own JotForm account. Once they set it up, can I somehow move the form from my to their account? Or will I have to recreate it in their account?
- membershiplipoedemaAnswered on October 29, 2014 at 05:57 PM
YEs we are interested in doing this too.
- CharlieAnswered on October 29, 2014 at 07:22 PM
Yes you can let your clients to copy your form. You can do this by Cloning existing form via URL. Although the settings in the "Email Alerts", especially the custom emails will need to be manually filled out after cloning the form.
You can follow the screenshot below for a quick guide
1. Click "Create Form"
2. Click "Import"
3. The user who wants to clone or copy your form will need the direct Form link. You can find the direct Form URL/link by going to the form editor and clicking the "Preview" button. Copy the Form URL and give it to the person you want it to share with. He then needs to paste the Form URL in the "Import Form" field.
I hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance on this.
- JottyPaulaAnswered on October 29, 2014 at 07:46 PM
Thanks! This worked for me.
- JottyPaulaAnswered on October 29, 2014 at 08:06 PM
Okay, it worked, but when I went to view the form in my client's account, I got this message:
Form not found
This form is disabled.
The form IS "enabled" in the list. So I am stumped.
- CharlieAnswered on October 29, 2014 at 08:10 PM
Can you provide us the Form URL of your client or its username? We will then check where the problem might be.
We'll wait for your response.
- JottyPaulaAnswered on October 29, 2014 at 08:27 PM
Sure. The user name is inlinela and there are now two forms.
1. The one I imported from my account and refined.
2. The copy of #1 that I revised for another type of customer.
- CharlieAnswered on October 29, 2014 at 08:54 PM
It seems that this is the Form URL in your account JottyPaula:
For the username inlinela, I see that the account was "Autosuspended", I believe this is because our Phishing detector system automatically flagged those new forms with blank or no words as phishing forms. Our system is quite sensitive with possible Phishing because it violates not just our Terms but also other people's privacy.
I've activated the account and whitelisted the forms that were detected as Phishing as they seemed to be clean. The form URL http://www.jotform.us/form/43017334433143 is now active.
Let us know if you're still having problems with it.
- JottyPaulaAnswered on October 29, 2014 at 09:21 PM
I was able to embed both form on the client's draft website. Thanks for your help. We're hoping to launch the new site next week, so the forms are pretty important.
I think they had a few draft forms with no much on them. Maybe that's what looked phishy. I'll check with them and delete those practice forms. They are a language translation company and very above board!
- CharlieAnswered on October 29, 2014 at 09:28 PM
You are most welcome, we're glad to be of a help.
I'm hoping for a successful launch of your new site and we're happy that our forms will be part of it.
If you needed further assistance or have any concerns, please feel free to post it here in the forums.
- lpasilvaAnswered on January 22, 2015 at 11:21 AM
I have tried to do this, but it did not work for me. I could not copy the form my colleague sent me, so I could manage it. Could you assist me? The form I'm trying to import is: http://form.jotformz.com/form/50204434073645
I've tried to do so in different browsers, but it still didn't work.
Thank you very much!
- CharlieAnswered on January 22, 2015 at 12:29 PM
Thank you for contacting JotForm, to better assist you, we advise our users to open up a new thread if they have their own question or concern, this is for us to better assist you. I've created a separate thread for you. Please refer to this link: http://www.jotform.com/answers/501342. We will address to it shortly.