- Kers101Asked on October 31, 2014 at 04:28 PM
Not using default or custom thank you page
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on October 31, 2014 at 06:15 PM
I understand that you want to have the same thank you page on your other JotForms. As you are not having any form fields displayed on Thank you page, you can just copy the content of the original Thank you page to the other JotForm's thank you page. Please follow the steps below :
1. Open the JotForm in edit mode which has the Thank you page to copy
2. Open Thank you page
3. Copy the entire content (Press Ctrl+A to select all) of Thank you page to Clipboard by pressing Ctrl+C
4. Now, close the wizard and open the other JotForm in edit mode
5. Open Thank you page to replace the existing content with clipboard content
6. Press Ctrl+A to select the content and delete the existing content.
6. Press Ctrl+V to paste the content from clipboard.
7. Click on Finish and save the JotForm.
Hope this information helps. Please get back to us if you need any further assistance. We will be happy to help.
- Kers101Answered on October 31, 2014 at 07:55 PM
Thank you I got the hang of it. It seems to work easier using the mouse controls to copy and paste.
I like that form designer however it seems to have a mind of its own. It never shows up when I want it.
- BenAnswered on November 01, 2014 at 04:20 AM
In my colleagues name you are welcome.
Now in regards to form designer never showing up when you want it. Do you mean the designer for the thank you message? I ask this since we also have Form Designer, which is our new feature and we would like to know if that is what you meant and what you are experiencing with it in that case.
- Kers101Answered on November 01, 2014 at 07:47 AM
Yes the new form designer is what I mean...the one that has the lengthy orange introduction page and the pencil flashing. It would be nice to see it available at all times on the tool bar When the thank you icon is showing on the tool bar I can't see the form designer icon to edit my thank you page which seems odd. Otherwise I made some colour and font changes on my comment form with the designer and you can see that the display behaviour seemed to change a little
- raulAnswered on November 01, 2014 at 11:32 AM
As mentioned by Ben the Form Designer and the Thank you page designer are completely different and this is why you don't see them together on the toolbar.
They're placed on different tabs to avoid confusion, The Form Designer icon is located in the Form Style tab since it helps you to edit the design of your form.
The Thank you page designer is on the Setup & Embed tab since it is related to the behavior of your form once is submitted.
I hope this explanation gives you a better idea of what are both designers for and why you cannot see them together on the toolbar.
If you have any questions, please let us know.
- Kers101Answered on November 01, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Thanks I see the difference now...
- raulAnswered on November 01, 2014 at 01:35 PM
You're welcome :)
Please let us know if you need further assistance.