- cphealthnetAsked on November 04, 2014 at 09:14 AM
Is it possible to include the downloadable PDF copy of a form submission when the email notification is sent? We use the forms to create a help desk support ticket and we are manually downloading the PDF files and attaching them to the tickets each time. If we could automate the PDF attachment, that would be very beneficial for us.
- CharlieAnswered on November 04, 2014 at 10:16 AM
If you would like to have a downloadable link for the PDF version of the submitted form attached in the email content of the notification, you can do this by following the guide below:
1. Navigate to the "Email Alerts" setting and click the notification to where you want to set it up.
2. On the "Compose Email" settings, you can add different form fields that will represent the value of the actual submitted form. You can see on the right side, under "Form Fields" the label or tag "PDF Link", place it on your email content.
3. When a form has been successfully submitted you will then receive an email with the downloadable pdf link.
I hope this helps. Let us know if this worked for you.
- WayneAnswered on November 04, 2014 at 10:43 AM
Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, what I'm actually looking for is the ability to automatically include the actual PDF in the email notification (as an attachment), not as a downloadable link. Is this possible?
- CharlieAnswered on November 04, 2014 at 11:24 AM
Unfortunately, we do not have that feature in the Email Alerts setting. It's more of a notification, we can do a lot of customization on it and adding links to external files that represents or acts as the same functionality of an attachment. Also, that is the main purpose of the built in field "pdf_link" in our email options, letting users download the PDF version of the submission.
Thank you for your understanding.