- angiejohnsonsAsked on November 05, 2014 at 09:30 AM
I would like to add the option of the payee to receive a receipt for making a payment/donation to our church. I am really unfamiliar with jotform and have just started to use this site and this may be a simple solution but I am lost - Please Help!
- ShadaeAnswered on November 05, 2014 at 10:36 AM
An email is automatically sent from Authorize.net to your user once a payment has been made. However there is not currently an email field on your form, as such there is no email address for the notification to be sent to.
Please add an email address field to your form and the confirmation should be automatically sent to your users once the payment has been done.
I hope this helps, please inform us if you need additional assistance.
- angiejohnsonsAnswered on November 05, 2014 at 03:41 PMI don't know how to add an email option
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on November 05, 2014 at 04:47 PM
You can simply drag and drop the E-mail field from Quick Tools to your form.
Also, in case you would like to automatically email some message to the form user upon submission, you can add a form Autoresponder (this is different from Authorize.Net invoices).
- angiejohnsonsAnswered on November 05, 2014 at 06:41 PMSo if I add that email in my form around the card payment area it will send them a notification/receipt after they select submit ?
- raulAnswered on November 05, 2014 at 07:54 PM
That is correct.
But in order to assure that an email is sent upon payment you need to set the email field as required.
Please let us know if this works.
- angiejohnsonsAnswered on November 05, 2014 at 10:31 PMThanks
- WildThayneAnswered on November 08, 2016 at 06:36 PM
Just read through this thread and I wanted to clarify what was talked about.
I have a client who takes payment through the Authorize.net integration and wants his clients to receive receipts.
Am I understanding you all correctly that all I need to do is add a email field and set it to required, and then the Authorize.net widget will take care of the rest? Meaning, Authorize.net will email receipts by simply adding a separate email field that is set to required.
Thanks for your patience as it's not entirely clear that the Authorize.net widget connects automatically to a separate email field.