- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on November 05, 2014 at 06:44 PM
There are two 'save and continue later' options available:
1. An Autofill option that is saving the data locally in a user's browser storage. It means that the form user will need to use the same browser to see their saved data.
2. A session based save and continue later method. It is saving the data on our servers in a session format, so the session can be accessed from any place. That method requires two forms.
Please note that these methods are not compatible between each other, you can use only one method on a form.
In terms of speed, the Autofill method might slow down a form, since the data is being saved to the browser local storage. Your settings with a 30 seconds saving time frame are fine, it is better to not enable the 'Save on data changes' option on the long forms.
Also, if you would like improve the load speed of your form, you might:
- Replace the form images with optimized ones.
- Use more standard fields instead of widgets. Many widgets are being loaded from external address.
- Consider using session based method instead of Autofill method.