What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
There are two 'save and continue later' options available:
1. An Autofill option that is saving the data locally in a user's browser storage. It means that the form user will need to use the same browser to see their saved data.
2. A session based save and continue later method. It is saving the data on our servers in a session format, so the session can be accessed from any place. That method requires two forms.
Please note that these methods are not compatible between each other, you can use only one method on a form.
In terms of speed, the Autofill method might slow down a form, since the data is being saved to the browser local storage. Your settings with a 30 seconds saving time frame are fine, it is better to not enable the 'Save on data changes' option on the long forms.
Also, if you would like improve the load speed of your form, you might:
- Replace the form images with optimized ones.
- Use more standard fields instead of widgets. Many widgets are being loaded from external address.
- Consider using session based method instead of Autofill method.