- premierdepogrlAsked on November 06, 2014 at 07:27 AM
I went through and created a ton of conditions to hide if something was left blank but what it did was hide everything on my form so that the form filler would not see the fields at all!!! My goal is that, after the form is filled out by the form filler, the forms that did not apply in their case are blank, not blank so they cannot fill them out!!!
Your prompt assistance is greatly appreciated, as always!
I've attached two screen shots of a form with the fields left blank, which creates unnecessary paper for me to print.
Thank you!!!Page URL:
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on November 06, 2014 at 09:02 AM
If I understand your question correctly, you want remove the empty fields from the submission emails. Is that correct?
You can take advantage of our "Hide Empty Fields on Emails" feature which will hide all the empty fields from the submission emails. Please be noted that this feature ONLY works on an unedited version of email alert. If you edit your email alert, this feature will not work.
I would suggest you to delete the existing email alert you have in your form and before adding a new email alert, enable the "Hide Empty Fields on Emails" feature.
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.
- premierdepogrlAnswered on November 06, 2014 at 04:31 PMWhat is an email alert? I'm not sure I understand this reply. Can you
explain it to me a bit more?
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on November 06, 2014 at 05:11 PM
Email alert is nothing but the notification that is sent as an email after someone submits the JotForm.
To hide the empty fields on the email that you receive please follow the steps provided below :
Let us know if you need further assistance in this regard. Thank you!!
- premierdepogrlAnswered on November 06, 2014 at 07:41 PMI don't think you get what I'm looking for. When people fill out my form,
there are, at times, fields that do not apply so they do not fill them in.
I am trying to get the form with only the answers they completed, NOT the
blanks that are on every form that are not used by that particular person.
Is that more clear??? I already sent the screenshots. I thought I was
pretty clear but perhaps I wasn't!
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on November 06, 2014 at 08:53 PM
I am trying to get the form with only the answers they completed, NOT the blanks that are on every form that are not used by that particular person.
You need to follow these steps to accomplish what you are looking for:
1. Please create an email alert as explained here
2. Hide the empty fields, as explained in this guidehttp://www.jotform.com/help/256-How-to-Hide-Empty-Fields-on-Email-Alerts
Once you are done, then you'll be able to download the PDF file with only the answers people completed.
Here is a form I made, I did not complete all the fields
So, here is the PDF file I get.
I hope this explanation made things clearer. We are here to help if you still need it.
- premierdepogrlAnswered on November 06, 2014 at 09:21 PMHmmmm...I got an error when I clicked your link. See attached.
- premierdepogrlAnswered on November 06, 2014 at 09:31 PMThe links are not working!!! Huh?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on November 06, 2014 at 10:38 PM
I would suggest you to copy the following URL and paste it in your browser:
Do get back to us if you are still not able to open the links.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on November 07, 2014 at 05:10 AM
In your penultimate reply I noticed there was no image attached. Please see the following excerpt from instructions originally posted by our colleague Welvin:
This guide is for those who are asking how to upload and add screenshots to our Support Forum.
1. Click on Insert/Edit image button
2. Click on the "Upload" button
3. Click on Choose File and look in your local folders.
4. Click on Submit
Should you need further assistance with this, do let us know.