Apostrophes are converted when submitted on Google Spreadsheet

  • Profile Image
    mcwatson
    Asked on November 10, 2014 at 04:09 AM

    Hi,

    Has anyone come across the issue whereby when you use the integration with Google Sheets and you have an apostrophe in the text, it gets replaced with '&#;039' so where I had the word didn't, it comes out as 'didn&#;039t'?

    Anyone know how to resolve this?

    Thanks,

  • Profile Image
    EltonCris
    Answered on November 10, 2014 at 08:30 AM

    Hi,

    I have integrated one of my form just now and used apostrophe on the form label as well the submitted value. Neither of the two came with converted characters.

    Can you please try to re-integrate your form with Google Spreadsheet? See if that helps. If not, let us know the form in question so we can check it further.

    Thanks!

  • Profile Image
    mcwatson
    Answered on November 10, 2014 at 08:40 AM

    Hi,

    I've just removed and re-integrated the google spreadsheets link and done a new submission. Seems that if I enter an apostrophe in a simple text box, it's fine but if I put one in a text area, then the weird symbols get produced.

    Regards,

    Mark.

  • Profile Image
    EltonCris
    Answered on November 10, 2014 at 09:38 AM

    I see it is happening on text area field like on the image below. Thanks for the clarification.

    I have now raised this to our developers for a resolution. You will be informed here once this is fixed.

    Thanks and apologies for the inconveniences caused.

  • Profile Image
    mcwatson
    Answered on November 10, 2014 at 09:39 AM

    Thank you!

  • Profile Image
    NeilVicente
    Answered on December 01, 2014 at 08:07 AM

    Hi,

    This should now be fixed. Let us know if you have other questions or concerns.

    Cheers!