- the508sealAsked on November 13, 2014 at 05:14 PM
Blank screen today. Nothing changed??Page URL:
- BenAnswered on November 13, 2014 at 05:35 PM
I went to your website and I was able to see the jotform loaded properly.
Can you see it as well?
- the508sealAnswered on November 13, 2014 at 07:11 PMI see that you see. I'm on android & my assistant is on chrome - she
flagged it last night - we don't. That said I got responses on Tues. I only
ave 3 or 4 per week.
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on November 13, 2014 at 10:40 PM
In that case the problem is not about viewing the form, but about not getting emails.
Please check your gmail spam folder. Otherwise, please check this guide.
- the508sealAnswered on November 13, 2014 at 10:51 PMNo. I get email notifications. I just don't see the form on Android/Chrome
& nor does my assistant on Windows/Chrome.
I don't enough traffic in a 24 hour period to know if it's broken.
But someone in the forum does see it.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on November 14, 2014 at 08:14 AM
Okay that means you are not able to see your embedded form in your mobile device. Is that correct?
I did check your account and also your web page. I am unable to find any issue. Your form does gets displayed in your web page.
Did you make any changes in your web page recently if not in your form? I am not sure why it is being displayed suddenly in your mobile device. Please be noted that for forms to be displayed correctly in mobile devices, we recommend embedding your form in an iFrame.
I would suggest you to embed your form using its iFrame embed code. The following guide should help you : http://www.jotform.com/help/148-Getting-the-Form-iFrame-Code
Do get back to us if the issue persists.
- the508sealAnswered on November 14, 2014 at 08:21 AMThanks
I will do that.
- BenAnswered on November 14, 2014 at 09:29 AM
In my colleagues name, you are welcome.
Do let us know how it goes after embedding the jotform with iFrame method and testing it.