- firstname.lastname@example.orgAsked on November 14, 2014 at 06:59 AM
Hi, I am having issues trying to add a link on a form so that if a user needs to add details related to the current form they can click on a link and the details form appears on top of the open form.
I have searched the forum and this has been answered back in 2012 using a java script pop up window but a feel something has changed since then..
The link works once and when saved no longer works unless you open up the html editor from the menu bar and save it again.
Once saved and then tested online the link only appears as text - not a link ?
Has something changed here or is it me going mad ?
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on November 14, 2014 at 10:52 AM
We will wait for your response.
- email@example.comAnswered on November 19, 2014 at 07:36 AM
HI, i have not applied it as the code that I did use from jotform no longer works most likely due to the reasons you have gave.
All i want to be able to do is have a button or link on a form that when clicked it will open another one of my forms on top in the same way as a pop up screen rather than another webpage
Hope this clarifies
- CharlieAnswered on November 19, 2014 at 09:52 AM
What I understand is that you want to have a button or link in your form1 to where when it is clicked it will open your form2? Is that right?
If this is what you want it is possible if you are embedding form1 in your website.
This is the sample form that I made: https://shots.jotform.com/charlie/test_form_pop_up_multiple.html
You can follow the guide below to have an idea how I did mine.
1. I created two forms:
Form1 "Test Form": http://form.jotformpro.com/form/43218081565959
Form2 "Pop Up Form": http://form.jotformpro.com/form/43224037014946
2. In my Form2, I navigate to "Embed Form" and click the "Lightbox" option.
Lightbox is an embed code where it makes your form pop up a modal.
3. Copy the lightbox code.
4. Paste the lightbox code on a text editor. In my case Notepad++
You will see it is divided into two:
b. HTML element code.
First we copy the HTML code, we will paste it in Form1 as the pop up link.
5. Navigate to Form1, add the "Text" field and edit it on HTML mode.
6. Paste the Lightbox HTML code of Form2 here. Click Update and Complete the changes you made in the "Text" field.
7. After saving the changes you made in Form1, we will not get its Source Code because we want to embed it on our website.
8. Copy the "Source Code"
9. In your website, add the codes properly to where they should be.
While the Full Source Code of Form1 will then be pasted inside the <body> tags.
10. This is how my website will look like after the embedding of codes.
11. When you click the Pop Up link it will then display the Form2.
This works if you will be embedding the forms in your website. I hope this helps or at least gives you an idea.
Let us know if you need further assistance on this.