- IanRmAsked on November 15, 2014 at 12:17 PM
can i auto populate a field from the data of another field?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on November 15, 2014 at 06:19 PM
Yes you can populate field value base on another field value.
Check this user guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/286-How-to-Populate-Field-with-a-Value-from-another-Field
Inform us if you need further help.
- IanRmAnswered on November 16, 2014 at 06:19 AM
thank you Jonathan
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on November 16, 2014 at 06:21 AM
You're quite welcome =)
Contact us again anytime for any assistance you need on JotForm.
- IanRmAnswered on November 16, 2014 at 07:12 AM
What am I doing wrong in attached screen grab? The autopulated result in the second field is the NEXT in the list not the value we were expecting?
- JamAcornsAnswered on November 16, 2014 at 07:15 AM
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on November 16, 2014 at 08:33 AM
A glitch associated with your jotform is causing this because when I cloned it to my account the same issue occurred with the clone. However, I was unable to replicate the behavior in another jotform I created. Initially, I thought it might have been the autosave feature which was causing the problem but that's not it. we'll need to investigate this further and get back to you.
Our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
- IanRmAnswered on November 16, 2014 at 08:39 AM
This form is - 100% me testing the various functionalities that we might need - it is is not near complete much tidying yo to do!
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on November 16, 2014 at 08:45 AM
@ IanRM Thanks for informing us about that. By the way, I'm not sure why I thought your name was Jack! lol
@ JamAcorns Your post has been moved to another thread and will be dealt with there in due course, as we have a policy of one user and issue per thread.