- JamAcornsAsked on November 18, 2014 at 02:33 AM
I'm working on a form, which needs to allow my customers to enter the same record multiple time - up to 16, so the use of tabs is a bit intimidating for the users;
Given this, I'm working on the idea of allowing each of the 16 records to be displayed in collapsed form - and expanded by the customer, if and when required - please see attached demo form;
Couple of problems - e.g on expanding Order 1
1. What Fruit? is displayed, even though Fruit Wanted is defaulted to No - correct conditional rule is in place, because if you click Yes then No, the What Fruit? question disappears as expected.
2. I've got a Hide checkbox at the end of each record, as in my production form there are a lot of fields to fill in, so once they get to the bottom of the form I want them to be able to collapse/hide the record without the need to scroll back to the top of the record to uncheck Expand Order 1.
Any ideas on how to solve the above 2 problems - or is there another method to achieve the same outcome?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on November 18, 2014 at 07:40 AM
You need correction on your condition rules as there are conflicting rules on them.
You can correct it like this
The hide checkbox is kind of redundant already.. you can actually just use the same Order "Expand" checkbox for the same purpose.. check/uncheck will toggle the show/hide action.
Anyway, I created a test form you can try here http://www.jotform.me/form/43212746121444
You can clone the test form to review it in your Form Builder
Hope this help. Inform us if you need further assistance.
- JamAcornsAnswered on November 18, 2014 at 02:59 PM
Thank you for your detailed explanation above - and your fantastic worked example - exactly what I was looking for, customer services at it's best! :-)
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on November 18, 2014 at 04:12 PM
On behalf of my colleague you are very welcome! Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with and we will be happy to do so.