- NikolayApostolovAsked on November 18, 2014 at 09:28 AM
Hi! I tried to apply a border to my form in the CSS menu. I highlight the area and I choose the border color and the width and then save the changes. But then when I preview the form there is no border. Am I doing something wrong?
Thank you in advance for your help.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on November 18, 2014 at 10:47 AM
Are you referring to the input boxes border or the entire form border? If the input boxes border, I saw your form codes into the CSS area and everything is properly applied. If you want to override existing codes, you can append !important so for example:
If you want to change the border of the entire form input boxes, you can use the Designer tab and apply the borders using the textbox styles:
Lastly, we can help you fix the CSS codes. Just please let us know the affected fields.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on November 18, 2014 at 10:55 AM
By the way, you have an existing custom CSS codes per input boxes. You have to remove these codes if you want to style it using the Design tab:
- NikolayApostolovAnswered on November 18, 2014 at 11:02 AM
Hi, thank you for your reply. I watned to apply border to the entire form - all around it so when it's previewed il will look much better and the border will separate it from the background color. So do I use the CSS code for that? I don't think it can be done by using the designer tab.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on November 18, 2014 at 11:10 AM
Actually, you can use the CSS area in the Form Designer. But I think you just did it. Again, you just need to add !important to the custom CSS codes so to override the existing one that currently in the form:
- NikolayApostolovAnswered on November 18, 2014 at 11:21 AM
Now it works. Perfect. Thank you very much.
- BenAnswered on November 18, 2014 at 12:12 PM
In my colleagues name, you are welcome.Do let us know if you have any further questions and we would be happy to help.Best Regards,