- HendrikAsked on November 19, 2014 at 03:19 AM
I use a Jotform for a website I build for a friend. It seem to work fine on desktop but it doesn't show up on an ipad or a mobile device. Any idea on what I'm doing wrong or forgot to do?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on November 19, 2014 at 07:11 AM
Please be noted that for your forms to work properly in mobile devices, we recommend you to embed your form using its iFrame embed code. Please embed your form using its iFrame embed code and that should solve your problem. The the following guide should help you : http://www.jotform.com/help/148-Getting-the-Form-iFrame-Code
You may also like to add "Mobile Responsive" widget in your form as well which will adjust the width of your form fields based on the width of the mobile device and display without any horizontal scrolling.
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if the issue persists.
- FredVulhopAnswered on December 15, 2014 at 07:38 AM
Thanks for your reply. I used the iframe and the widget you mentioned. However, the problem persists. If you have a look on www.slimbodycentre.com under contact, you'll see that as soon as you start to enter data on a mobile device, everything goes wrong and the page jumps to the top. Very weird. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks a lot!!
- CharlieAnswered on December 15, 2014 at 10:41 AM
Unfortunately, I'm unable to replicate the problem in my virtual machine.
iPhone 6 plus iOS 8
iPad Air 2 iOS 8
If my colleague's suggestion does not work for you, you can try the following.
Make the form responsive, but make sure to remove the Mobile Responsive widget first.
1. Navigate to Form Designer.
2. Under Form Design->Form Layout, enable "Make this form responsive".
3. After that, you can use other Form embed code to your website, aside from the iFrame, you can use the default embed code or you can use the full source code.
Let us know if it changes anything.