What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
How to block quantity and calculated amount fieldsAsked by Matt on November 19, 2014 at 05:39 PMI just spotted one more issue with the form. If I pretend to be a customer and fill out the form, I’ve noticed that some of the qty and dollar value boxes are not secure – i.e. you can type your own numbers into the boxes. Is there a way to lock all of the dollar and qty boxes so that they can’t be manipulated by the customer?
Upon checking your account, I see that there are conditions that let's you input a value when a condition is met.
1. For the guests and duration field, you should only allow users to input numbers, right?
2. To only allow numbers here, enable the Validation option.
3. I see that the glassware total field can be edited or can be input with different characters.
4. The problem is that you have multiple conditions in the "Glassware Total" field, and it is a Form Calculation to where the actual field does not have a calculation on it:
5. Rather the value of it is based from the conditions that you have. So it is safe to just use a textbox field which has more options for us.
6. I copied the conditions you have for "Glassware Total" to may new textbox field named "Glassware Total2".
7. Inside the Properties field of the "Glassware Total2" field, I enable the "Read Only" option so that users won't be able to edit that field.
For the other fields, you can apply the same method.
You can check the live cloned form here: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/43227247182958
I hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance on this.
I have started making the changes you have suggested. One issue though – when I add a new test box (which will replace the ‘glassware total’ calculation box), there is no green arrow icon (conditions) for me to click in order to set the conditions for the new text box. I notice on the screen shot you sent that the green arrows are visible on your text box, but for mine there is no option to set conditions.
Major Events Manager | Wats On Tap Pty Ltd
0422 685 694 | 1300 977 763 | matt@WatsOnTap.com.au
www.WatsOnTap.com.au | www.PopUpProjects.com.au | www.facebook.com/watsontap
My bad, sorry about that. You can add conditions to your fields by following the screenshot below:
The green icon besides the gear icon of the field indicates that there's an existing condition that is set up on that specific field.
Let us know if you need further assistance on this.