- silverboxAsked on September 25, 2011 at 06:31 AM
Just having some problems with the Auto Responder.
When someone goes to the form, http://bidagent.co.nz/bid/test.html, fills out all the fields and submits, they are taken to a redirection page (redirection page not currently uploaded) and they get sent a confirmation email (auto responder) with the details they have submitted.
The problem is that the confirmation email doesn't turn up. I have run tests on three different email servers with the same results. The GApps/Gmail did work at first but now it doesn't turn up. I have tried on Gmail, Hotmail and a university server.
When I go directly to the Auto Responder in Jot Form and run tests on all three servers they all receive the test mail with no problems.
When go to the form and submit, the confirmation email doesn't come through for some reason.
The submissions from when a user submits the form comes through with no problems, it is just the auto responder.
Looking forward to your repsonse.
- silverboxAnswered on September 25, 2011 at 06:34 AM
Sorry have also checked all spam/junk folders and nothing even when I have created filters to receive emails from JotForm.
- fayzanAnswered on September 25, 2011 at 06:42 AM
bugs once more! what kind of service is this!!!! its nice drag and let go but the function!!!
- JotForm SupportmlizAnswered on September 25, 2011 at 08:16 AM
It appears that on the recipient entry for your autoresponder
the field set is 'First Name' this is the reason why the email
is not received by the users.
Please update the field and choose 'Email' instead.
How to get to this page?
1. Click on "Setup and Embed" tab on the form builder toolbar
2. Click on "Email Alerts"
3. Select Autoresponder
4. Click on "Reply-to and Recipient Settings"
- Reply-To address should be you. Enter your own email address.
- Recipient address should be the person who fills the form. So, it is the email question entered on the form.
Hope this helps.
- silverboxAnswered on September 25, 2011 at 08:16 PM
Awesome thanks guys, that done the trick. It was right at my finger tips too!
Keep up the awesome work!
- JotForm SupportmlizAnswered on September 26, 2011 at 07:07 AM
Your welcome, feel free to contact us in any case you have questions about JotForm.
Thank you for using JotForm.