- twrarepairexchangeAsked on November 21, 2014 at 02:47 AM
I have a form embedded on my tumblr (using the provided tumblr code). Let's say it's at example.tumblr.com/form
I have it set up so that people can edit their form by providing the edit link in the message that gets emailed out, however when they click that it takes them to the form on jotform instead of my tumblr.
Is it possible to make the edit link in the email point to example.tumblr.com/form?formID=XXXXX&sid=YYYYYY&mode=edit instead?
- CharlieAnswered on November 21, 2014 at 11:50 AM
Unfortunately, the function you are looking is not available in our form builder. But I do have a workaround in mind, I'm not sure though if this works in your Tumblr setting because I'll be using a custom php script and an iFrame code, but you might as well try if it's possible in your end.
This link sample you mentioned example.tumblr.com/form?formID=XXXX&sid=YYYYYY&mode=edit will some way work IF you have backend access to your website, what I mean is that we can use a PHP script to pass values via URL and it will direct the user to the embedded editable form.
You can follow the guide I have below.
1. Get the edit_link format of your form. In my case this is it:
2. I first created a website page and named it embed_edit_link.php, this is the location of it in my website: https://shots.jotform.com/charlie/embed_edit_link.php. This is a page specific only to editing submissions.
3. What we want to do is give the user a link specific to him/her where he/she can edit the submission.
The final output of my link together with my website and the php script will be this:
You can check the link above, it is a working sample.
4. How to make that link work?
5. First, I want to embed my form code, and that part of the web page will be dedicated only to users who want to edit their form submissions.
6. I get the embed form code, I'll be using the iFrame.
7. In my .php file, I'll embed the iFrame code and make a php script that will capture the values of form ID and submission ID via URL.
I hope this helps or at least gives you an idea on how to proceed. Let me know if you need further assistance on this.