- Joseph IrvineAsked on September 25, 2011 at 11:26 PM
I am looking for a service that has a duplicate entry prevention system. I have a form that several thousand people will register with. It is imperative I not have duplicate entries, and definitely don't want to review everything by hand.
Do you have any automatic validation that can reject duplicates?
- JotForm SupportmlizAnswered on September 26, 2011 at 08:19 AM
You can enable the Unique Submission feature to stop users from submitting multiple entries. To enable this please do the following:
1. Open your form in JotForm
2. Click on 'Setup & Embed'
3. From the tool bar choose 'Preferences'
4. In the Preferences window select the 'Advance Settings' tab
5. You can choose from Strict or Loose check for the Unique Submission settings.
Loose check controls the cookie.
Strict check also controls the IP address.
If you set strict check people in the same network (in the same school, college,university, institution will not be able to make form submissions as the IP address in the same network is the same. If you are considering the target audience as students in the same school you should set loose check.
Hope this helps, let us know if you have clarifications.