- KushalAsked on November 27, 2014 at 07:13 PM
I want to create an upload form where a user can choose some options and upload a file repeatedly until desired. For example, the user can select the number of copies and upload an image multiple times and then when he is finished uploading it takes the user to a form to enter their personal details. Is this possible?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on November 28, 2014 at 04:02 AM
I am not sure if I have understood your question correctly.
For example, the user can select the number of copies and upload an image multiple times
Do you mean to say that you want to allow your users to upload multiple files? Yes it is possible to achieve your requirement. You can enable the "Allow Multiple" option of your file upload question. This will allow your user to upload multiple files. Please check the screenshot below:
There is one another possibility to achieve your requirement. You can add a dropdown field in form to ask how many file they want to upload. You can also have that number of file upload question added in form. Then based on the selection of dropdown value, you can take advantage of "Conditions" feature to show / hide the upload questions.
when he is finished uploading it takes the user to a form to enter their personal details. Is this possible?
Yes it is possible. There are multiple options to achieve your requirement:
1. Once the file upload is complete, user can click on the submit button which can redirect him to the second form for personal details. The following guide should help you: https://www.jotform.com/help/38-Redirecting-Users-to-a-Different-Page
2. You can create a multi-page form by adding "Page break" field in form where in one page you can have the file upload question and in the next page you have have fields to ask personal details.
Please take a look at the following demo form where I have added all the solution I have explained above. See if something of this will be acceptable: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/43311225723949?
Feel free to clone this form for a closer look. The following guide should help you in form cloning: https://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.
- KushalAnswered on November 28, 2014 at 02:01 PMHi
I don’t think you quite caught my question. The flow is as such.
Step 1: Enter some Parameters (about 5)
Step 2: upload file
Step 3: do you want to upload more?
Step 4: If step 3 is yes then goto step 1 else goto step 5
Step 5: Enter personal details
Step 6: end
Look forward to your response.
I can share the form that I have built with you. Just need to incorporate this loop.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on November 28, 2014 at 03:49 PM
We can not automatically generate upload fields based on user actions.
However, we can show additional upload fields based on user selection with conditional logic on form: